Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 03/13/2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 03/13/2015

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2015: Year of Promise
    Move with the Light…

“…If you listen to me and do what I tell you, I will be your God, you will be my people, and all will go well for you.”” (Jeremiah 7:23, CEV)

My first reaction after reading this morning’s scripture, “God I want to listen to you but how are you speaking to me?” And you know what God said? Nothing. That’s what I heard. “But LORD if I believe you’re speaking to me and I do why can’t I hear you?” I thought maybe I could trick him into speaking me by asking a question. It didn’t work, however I was left “gut” feeling to look deeply in my heart and when I did I found myself with four words. “Move with the Light.” I knew Jesus to be the Light because he told me, “Once again Jesus spoke to the people. This time he said, “I am the light for the world! Follow me, and you won’t be walking in the dark. You will have the light that gives life.”” (John 8:12, CEV)

Thinking about, “Move with the Light,” I found myself looking at something Jesus said about light. “No one lights a lamp and then hides it or puts it under a clay pot. A lamp is put on a lampstand, so that everyone who comes into the house can see the light. Your eyes are the lamp for your body. When your eyes are good, you have all the light you need. But when your eyes are bad, everything is dark.” (Luke 11:33–34, CEV)

Even though I was reading them with my eyes in my heart I was reading. “No one with a relationship with Jesus hides him but puts him up front in their life where with his Light he leads them out of their world of darkness into God’s world of Pure Light. If your heart is right with God then you will have all of the Light you need and your life will be blessed in ways you’ve never been blessed with before.”

Looks like God spoke to me after all. Now I wonder was God speaking to you?

Believe! Anticipate! Experience! Be transformed!
    Grace and PEACE, Amen!
    Gary

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. (Romans 15:13 LEB)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scriptures marked CEV, “Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.”

Amen Gary!
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X