Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 02/20/2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 02/20/2015

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2015: Year of Promise
    Easter, Lent, Trusting God, and Leaning on Jesus…

One of the advantages of having the before, during, and after the Easter story is we know what leads up to the Easter story, what takes place during the Easter events, the final ending, and the new beginning. By knowing the complete Easter story we also learn from Jesus’ experience not only what is important in life but we can trust God with our lives.

The prophet Habakkuk provides us with the stark reality of what it really means to trust God. “Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vines; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty, yet I will rejoice in the LORD! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation! The Sovereign LORD is my strength! He makes me as surefooted as a deer, able to tread upon the heights.” (Habakkuk 3:17–19, NLT)

We don’t usually see Lent as a time to trust God and lean on our developing and deepening relationship with Jesus. Yet when you stop and consider our need to give ourselves completely to God and fasting as an integral part of Lent it begins to make sense that Lent is the perfect time to put life into perspective, trust God, and lean to on our relationship with Jesus.

When thinking about life consider this, as Jesus struggled to Calvary the only thing he had was the cross, he died abandoned by everyone even God stood by and watched. Yet the last words he spoke were words of trust, words that have forever etched themselves on my heart, words that remind me when I’ve nothing else I have God, my relationship with Jesus, and the strength and accompaniment of the Holy Spirit. “Then Jesus shouted, “Father, I entrust my spirit into your hands!” And with those words he breathed his last.” (Luke 23:46, NLT)

“Father, into your hands we entrust our lives! As we climb to the heights of Jesus’ resurrection provide us with the strength of the Holy Spirit and the surefootedness of a dear lest we weaken then stumble and fall. Amen.”

Anticipate! Experience! Believe! Be transformed!
    Grace and PEACE, Amen!
    Gary

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. (Romans 15:13 LEB)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X