Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 02/18/2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 02/18/2015

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2015: Year of Promise
    We are people of the Resurrection…

Jesus spoke few words from the cross among them were 3 words that summed up the work he came to do, “It is finished.” Paul writing to the church in Corinth and to all who have a relationship with Jesus powerfully and plainly wrote what Jesus meant.

“I am writing to God's church in Corinth, to you who have been called by God to be His own holy people. He made you holy by means of Christ Jesus, just as He did for all people everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours. May God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you grace and peace… God has united you with Christ Jesus. For our benefit God made Him to be wisdom itself. Christ made us right with God; He made us pure and holy, and He freed us from sin.” (1 Corinthians 1:2-3, 30 NLT)

“Christ made us right with God; He made us pure and holy, and He freed us from sin.” I don’t think there’s anyone among us who can really comprehend what that really means. There are times in my own life when I think about what Jesus did and all that he went through for me and I pray, “Really Jesus, you did that for me?” And his answer is always, “YES!”

I am not sure how extensively you participate in Lent (which begins today). Lent for me (and I’m no expert) is a spiritual journey of reflection and anticipation. It is a time for me to reflect on how Jesus has taken up residence in my heart and is making me fit for God’s Kingdom. It is a time for me to anticipate watching (in my imagination) the angels roll the stone away and meeting Jesus as he steps out of the tomb.

I’ve read where the 40 days of Lent commemorate the 40 days Jesus spent in the wilderness and the Israelites 40 year trek in their wilderness. My wilderness experience (making room in my heart for Jesus) lasted a little over 20 years even though I’d been raised in a Christian home. But I’m convinced that every true Christian spends wilderness time. I love the way the Psalmist describes OUR wilderness experience.

“Some wandered in the wilderness, lost and homeless. Hungry and thirsty, they nearly died. “LORD, help!” they cried in their trouble, and he rescued them from their distress. He led them straight to safety, to a city where they could live. Let them praise the LORD for his great love and for the wonderful things he has done for them. For he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things.” (Psalm 107:4–9, NLT)

Anticipate! Experience! Believe! Be transformed!
    Grace and PEACE, Amen!
    Gary

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Glory Seed Devotionals: Encouraging Words of God’s Presence in our World!

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X