Glory Seed Devotionals, 2015: Year of Promise
“Why me?” Where is God?” “How long will it last?”

I know I’ve written about this in the past and I know because of your experiences in life you know what I am referring to when I point out there are times when the LORD allows “floods” to come upon us. I’m not referring to the floods like the ones they are experiencing on the west coast I am referring to the floods of adversity that come at us like a runaway tsunami. You know the ones I am talking about, when they strike there are three questions that rifle through our minds faster than the raging tsunami. “Why me?” Where is God?” “How long will it last?”

The answer to those three questions and any others that pose themselves to us during our “flood time” are nearly impossible to answer because who really knows the mind of God? Which one of us has been deep in the mind and thoughts of God? Which one of us has picked his brain? The answer to those questions of course is Jesus. Jesus has been where none of us have gone, Jesus has been inside God, and Jesus was even inside God before the beginning. When we ask those questions Jesus knowing our understanding is limited gives us a simply answer, “…Jesus answered. “This happened so the power of God could be seen in him.” (John 9:3, NLT) When God displays his power in us our faith is strengthened and people stand up and take notice, we become living testimonies of God’s power.

Sometime ago I recall seeing an advertisement on television for the Greyhound Bus Company (I believe it was) with a slogan that when something like this, “…and leave the driving to us.” I believe those words echo God’s response when floods come crashing into us, “Keep your course affixed on mine leaving the “floods” in my providence believing in my ultimate power as testified in the Psalms.” “The floods have risen up, O LORD. The floods have roared like thunder; the floods have lifted their pounding waves. But mightier than the violent raging of the seas, mightier than the breakers on the shore— the LORD above is mightier than these!” (Psalm 93:3–4, NLT)

Anticipate! Experience! Believe! Be transformed!
Grace and PEACE, Amen!
Gary

Glory Seed Devotionals: Encouraging Words of God’s Presence in our World
!

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”