Glory Seed Devotionals, 2015: Year of Promise
You took the words right out of my mouth…

Isn’t it amazing how just at the right time the words of the bible seem to come right out of our mouth? For instance on a day when things aren’t going quite right and we seem to be headed for the land of the lost and lonely we open our bible and begin reading…”

“Bend down, O LORD, and hear my prayer; answer me, for I need your help. Protect me, for I am devoted to you. Save me, for I serve you and trust you. You are my God. Be merciful to me, O Lord, for I am calling on you constantly. Give me happiness, O Lord, for I give myself to you. O Lord, you are so good, so ready to forgive, so full of unfailing love for all who ask for your help. Listen closely to my prayer, O LORD; hear my urgent cry. I will call to you whenever I’m in trouble, and you will answer me.” (Psalm 86:1–7, NLT)

Writing out of my own experience instantly you find yourself saying, “Wow, the Psalmist took the words right out of my mouth.” And you find yourself somewhere between, “Bend down, and O LORD, hear my prayer, answer me…” and “O LORD, hear my urgent cry. I will call to you whenever I’m in trouble, and you will answer me.”

During my devotional time this morning I read a question that caught my attention, “Are you teachable? Do you approach God ready to learn and apply His words?” I remember quite a few years ago a close friend saying that to be humble is to be teachable as I started putting Psalms 86 and my need to be teachable together I began wondering what the Holy Spirit trying to teach me. The first thing I began to understand is God answers prayer with his presence, when we pray God answers us by becoming present with us through the Holy Spirit. All too often we are looking for God to answer our prayer by doing something when in fact our real need is God. What God does for us must come second.

A long that same line the instant we pray deeply from our hearts, “Bend down, and O LORD, hear my prayer.” (Or something similar) We immediately capture God’s attention and he listens intently to us not from a distance but from within our own heart. When we read scripture “deeply from our hearts” not with the intent of knowing the bible (although that is important) but with the intent of knowing God we immediately capture God’s attention as well. And when you put praying and reading scripture (deeply from your heart) together you and God are walking together.

All God wants you to be is teachable! And YUP! prayer and reading scriptures are that important!

Anticipate! Experience! Believe! Be transformed!
Grace and PEACE, Amen!
Gary

Glory Seed Devotionals: Encouraging Words of God’s Presence in our World!

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”