Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 02/03/2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 02/03/2015

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2015: Year of Promise
    Trusting the LORD…

“For the LORD God is our sun and our shield. He gives us grace and glory. The LORD will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right. O LORD of Heaven’s Armies, what joy for those who trust in you.” (Psalm 84:11–12, NLT)

I have come to the point in my life when I trust the LORD with it although I must admit there have been come pretty anxious moments and I suspect that is a pattern for the future as well. But in the words of Paul, “The LORD has not given me the spirit of fear but Jesus the Promise and the Holy Spirit the Encourager,” (I modified Paul’s words slightly).

While I trust the LORD with my own life there are loved ones, friends, acquaintances, and even strangers I encounter everyday where my trust level in the LORD varies from not so high to very low. When I say that it does not applies to everyone because there are many people I know and don’t know yet who have an amazing amount of trust in the LORD but there are some close to my heart who have a “hand-to-hand relationship” with the LORD and not a “heart-to-heart relationship with him. Here’s my dilemma, I pray hard for those persons and leave them with the LORD yet continue to concern myself with their welfare (I worry about them) not that the LORD is not watching over them but they are oblivious to the LORD’s hand extended to them with the purpose of drawing them into his heart.

As I search for and solution I’ve discovered there is no simple solution other than the simplicity of trust. I know that sounds like double talk but it’s not a simple solution would be an immediate life changing experience for the one I am praying over. Yet God doesn’t work using my timeline he uses his own and while trusting in God and his timeline is simple it is the waiting that puts our faith through a testing period.

Last evening the LORD “called me on the carpet” and as a result I learned a valuable lesson. It was a simple encounter there were no powerful prophetic words, no flash of lightening, no thundering voice, just a few words impressed on my thinking, “But what about the others.” I’d been praying for only one individual which at the time seemed like the right thing to do but the LORD was telling me there were others just as important as the one I was praying for. This morning I was reminded that the Sower in Jesus’ parable sowed “seeds” not just one seed. When we pray for people we are planting their lives in the fertile soil of God’s heart, but we must remember to plant “seeds” not “seed”.

God’s Joy may not always come when we want it to but it always comes when he gives it!

Anticipate! Experience! Believe! Be transformed!
    Grace and PEACE, Amen!
    Gary

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Glory Seed Devotionals: Encouraging Words of God’s Presence in our World!

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X