Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 01/29/2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 01/29/2015

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2015: Year of Promise
    Get out of here devil I’ve got all I need…

“Next the devil took him to the peak of a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. “I will give it all to you,” he said, “if you will kneel down and worship me.” “Get out of here, Satan,” Jesus told him. “For the Scriptures say, ‘You must worship the LORD your God and serve only him.’” Then the devil went away, and angels came and took care of Jesus.” (Matthew 4:8–11, NLT)

The last temptation the devil tries to undermine Jesus with is a little humorous when you stop to think about it. Humorous you wonder? That’s correct. The devil is trying to give Jesus something Jesus already has. Stupid ole devil did he forget this? “In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God. He existed in the beginning with God. God created everything through him, and nothing was created except through him. The Word gave life to everything that was created, and his life brought light to everyone.” (John 1:1–4, NLT, emphasis mine)

In short, Jesus didn’t need what the devil was offering him. The most important thing in Jesus’ life was his two-way relationship with God and it was because of their relationship that even at one of the weakest points in his life Jesus was able to stay true to his relationship with God. And likewise God was true to their relationship at Jesus’ weakest point God sent angels to take care of him.

I do not have to remind that the devil is as active in your life as he was in Jesus’ life and because Jesus depended solely on his God/Son relationship we too and solely depend on our Jesus/Us relationship. And when the stupid ole devil comes at you because of his poor memory remind him of this. “Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them…” “And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing…” “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.” (Matthew 6:26, 28, 31–33, NLT)

The trick to getting the devil off your back is to be a Jesus name dropper telling him he’s obsolete and because Jesus’ has you safely in his heart you’ve got all you need. Anticipate! Experience! Believe! Be transformed!

Grace and PEACE, Amen!
    Gary

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Glory Seed Devotionals: Encouraging Words of God’s Presence in our World!

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”

Amen Gary! True words.
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X