Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 01/16/2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 01/16/2015

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2015: Year of Promise
    Does the Holy Spirit fix computers?

“God will always give what is right to his people who cry to him night and day, and he will not be slow to answer them.” (Luke 18:7, NCV)

Yesterday the words of today's scripture played themselves out during the course of my day. It started out great I’d got a good night sleep and woke up feeling great. However when my feet hit the floor the day began a downhill slide. Wednesday night when I shut my computer off it immediately began downloading updates which it does from time to time but when I started it up yesterday morning nothing would load. It just sat there laughing at me and the more it laughed the more frustrated I became.

Needless to say I began praying. Does the Holy Spirit fix computers?

After several unsuccessful tries at starting it I resolved myself to the fact that I would need to refresh the computer which would mean my files would be safe but the installed programs would be gone. And so reluctantly I pushed the refresh button and said goodbye to my programs with the hopes I can reinstall them.

Does the Holy Spirit fix computers?

In the mean time I turned on my small Nextbook Tablet and began writing Thursdays Glory Seed but because I don’t have that one completely set up I couldn’t email it out all I could do was post it on the internet. All while I was writing the Glory Seed I was praying not just for my computer but for myself as well. And I found out that the Holy Spirit does not fix computers but we do get divine help when the process is within the realm of our fix-ability skills.

A computer crashing may seem like a small thing unworthy of God’s attention but we must never forget while computers may not be at the top of God’s concern list WE ARE! And when we’re in trouble, “God will always give what is right to his people who cry to him night and day, and he will not be slow to answer them.” (Luke 18:7, NCV) And yesterday I discovered that even though God may not be slow in answering our prayers sometimes he leaves the fixing up to us.

Good news! I am using my newly refreshed old computer and I am still trying to reinstall the software I need, but that will come in time because I can’t work as fast as God does! Know what I mean?

Anticipate! Experience! Believe! Be transformed!
    Grace and PEACE, Amen!
    Gary

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    “Jesus is God’s Promise! Every promise God will fulfill in 2015 will come to fruition through your relationship to and with Jesus. Come Jesus, come.”

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

"Scriptures quoted from The Holy Bible, New Century Version, copyright © 1987, 1988, 1991 by Word Publishing, Dallas, Texas 75039. Used by permission."

Amen Gary! And ing for a speedy and complete fix for your computers.
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X