Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 01/08/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 01/08/2014

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2015: Year of Promise
    The bigger the giant the greater the fall…

One of the most deadly phrases used by Christians from time-to-time is, “I (or we) can’t do this.” Author Steve Farrar in his book Battle Ready: Prepare to Be Used by God (Bold Man Of God gives us a beginning list of what not just Christians are up against but everyone faces. “We fight twenty-first–century giants, a diverse tribe of leering, mocking adversaries that threaten our peace, well-being, and very existence. There are giant diseases. There are giant disappointments. There are giant depressions. There are giant addictions. There are giant financial reversals. There are giant career setbacks. There are giant family breakdowns. There are giant personal failures.” (Page 38, David C. Cook, Kindle Edition) It doesn’t take “rocket science” to figure out when facing similar giants the “I can’t do this,” attitude is a death sentence.

However, and here’s the kicker, the “I (or we) can’t do this,” is the attitude we need to incorporate in our lives. The truth is we can’t face the giants alone but through our relationship with Jesus the “I (or we) can’t do this,” slogan becomes “I (or we) can’t do this, but with God’s love and the Holy Spirit at my side the giants are sure to fall.”

Perhaps you’ve never thought of the bible as a biography of Giant Killers but it is and their stories have been recorded to encourage each one of us as individuals and as collective members of the Body of Christ. One Giant Killer we know as the apostle Paul left us these encouraging words. “Christ’s love is greater than anyone can ever know, but I pray that you will be able to know that love. Then you can be filled with the fullness of God. With God’s power working in us, God can do much, much more than anything we can ask or imagine. To him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus for all time, forever and ever. Amen.” (Ephesians 3:19–21, NCV)

With God’s power working in us, and God’s ability to do much, much more than anything we can ask or imagine we can and will stand up to any and all giants life puts in our path and like Goliath they will fall.

Anticipate! Experience! Believe! Be transformed!
    Grace and PEACE, Amen!
    Gary

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    “Jesus is God’s Promise! Every promise God will fulfill in 2015 will come to fruition through your relationship to and with Jesus. Come Jesus, come.”

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

"Scriptures quoted from The Holy Bible, New Century Version, copyright © 1987, 1988, 1991 by Word Publishing, Dallas, Texas 75039. Used by permission."
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X