Glory Seed Devotionals, 2015: Year of Promise
Do not fear, Jesus is here!

“Examine and see how good the LORD is. Happy is the person who trusts him. You who belong to the LORD, fear him! Those who fear him will have everything they need. Even lions may get weak and hungry, but those who look to the LORD will have every good thing.” (Psalm 34:8–10, NCV)

The Psalmist writes, “Those who fear him will have everything they need.” Do you fear God? That question haunts me every time I find myself reading about my need to fear God. If I were a bible translator I would choose (in some instances like today’s scripture) another word to substitute for the word fear. The word I would choose is believe. “Those who believe him will have everything they need.” (That sounds better to me, but I am not an official bible translator either.)

I know when you look for synonyms for fear you’ll not find the word believe but fear is based on believing something or someone is causing you distress. When I think of fearing God my fear is not directed at God instead my fear is focused on the times when I inadvertently and knowingly fail to follow to God’s plan for my life. This is what I fear, “Your hand is against all your enemies; those who hate you will feel your power. When you appear, you will burn them as in a furnace. In your anger you will swallow them up, and fire will burn them up.” (Psalm 21:8–9, NCV)

Yet fearing we’ve becomes “enemies” of God by not following his plan for our lives does play an important in our lives because whether we believe it or not fear is a powerful motivator. Fear has repeatedly pushed me to my repentant knees because it speaks very powerfully of my need for the Promise. “People who believe in God’s Son are not judged guilty. Those who do not believe have already been judged guilty, because they have not believed in God’s one and only Son. They are judged by this fact: The Light has come into the world, but they did not want light. They wanted darkness, because they were doing evil things.” (John 3:18–19, NCV)

Anticipate! Experience! Believe! Be transformed!
Grace and PEACE, Amen!
Gary

“Jesus is God’s Promise! Every promise God will fulfill in 2015 will come to fruition through your relationship to and with Jesus. Come Jesus, come.”

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

"Scriptures quoted from The Holy Bible, New Century Version, copyright © 1987, 1988, 1991 by Word Publishing, Dallas, Texas 75039. Used by permission."