Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 12/31/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 12/31/2014

A Glory Seed Devotional planted for the Greater Glory of God
    2015, Bring it on!

Wow! Here comes 2015! Can you believe it? Another year in the history books! I wonder how 2014 will go down in the history books and what Jenna and Colton (our great-grandchildren) will read about 2014 when they are in high school. But the more important question is I wonder what God wrote in his history book, especially his history book on my life? Unfortunately (and relieved) I am not ready to read that history book anytime soon.

Like every other year 2014 for me has been a roller coaster ride except for one major difference. When you ride a roller coaster you always end up at the starting point, not so with life. Tomorrow morning when I wake up it will be January 1, 2015 not January 1, 2014. While there a many “do-over’s” in life time is not one of them. If I were to sit down and write out Gary Piper’s 2014 I would begin with this theme: “LORD my God, you have done many miracles. Your plans for us are many. If I tried to tell them all, there would be too many to count.” (Psalm 40:5, NCV) I have discovered repeatedly that God is a master at sneaking in a miracle without me every being aware of it so I would need to add one more sentence, “And many of them I have no recollection of.”

If you were to ask me what the most important lesson I have drawn from 2014. I would have to tell you – how totally depend on God I have become. And I am not ashamed to admit it. I am not talking necessarily about dependency on physical things like paying our bills, putting a roof over our heads and food on our table, although he has orchestrated help in each of those areas. I am also referring to the encouragement and accompanying miracles to keep on putting one foot in front of the other. So many times I’ve wanted to “throw in the towel” and ride off into the sunset like Elvis did in the movie Flaming Star. But God would say, “Oh, no you don’t!” and like John Wayne and the U.S. Calvary tailor made miracles would show up just in time and save the day.

I am not sure what 2015 holds for any of us but I do know this: “…I know what I am planning for you,” says the LORD. “I have good plans for you, not plans to hurt you. I will give you hope and a good future. Then you will call my name. You will come to me and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will search for me. And when you search for me with all your heart, you will find me! I will let you find me,” says the LORD.” (Jeremiah 29:11–13, NCV)

If you have the Holy Spirit in your hands Jesus in your heart God in your sight and praise on your lips then your 2015 will be the best year yet if not then my best advice: don’t leave 2014 without’em!

HAPPY NEW YEAR from Patti and Gary Piper!

Anticipate! Experience! Believe! Be transformed!
    Grace and PEACE, Amen!
    Gary

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    “Those who wait for perfect weather will never plant seeds; those who look at every cloud will never harvest crops.” (Ecclesiastes 11:4, NCV)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

"Scriptures quoted from The Holy Bible, New Century Version, copyright © 1987, 1988, 1991 by Word Publishing, Dallas, Texas 75039. Used by permission."
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X