Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 12/30/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 12/30/2014

A Glory Seed Devotional planted for the Greater Glory of God
    Lessons in the Fog…

“The LORD is my shepherd; I have everything I need. He lets me rest in green pastures. He leads me to calm water. He gives me new strength. He leads me on paths that are right for the good of his name. Even if I walk through a very dark valley, I will not be afraid, because you are with me. Your rod and your shepherd’s staff comfort me.” (Psalm 23:1–4, NCV)

For the past several days I’ve been under the power of a “bug” some sort of fast acting knock-you-to-your-knees-virus and while I am probably the only one in the world who loses all motivation I sat in my chair unable to focus on anything especially the deeper things of God. Now that the antibiotics have given me control of my life back I am on the road to recovery. This morning as I was looking in the rearview mirror I began to see a valuable lesson in how life can “gang” up on us and all of a sudden it is the situations that come at us that control our destiny rather than us. And life becomes our power source rather than the Holy Spirit.

Yesterday as I began writing the days Glory Seed (unsuccessfully I might add) I found my mind in such a “fog” that good stuff went in but junk came out. Somehow I was able to determine that it wasn’t the virus that was causing the fog it was the stuff I was taking to kill the virus that fogged my mind in. Again the lesson hit me, we can’t depend on earthly resources fix our problems they will only fog the issue deeper and deeper taking us further away from the resources of the Holy Spirit. As (hopefully) you can see the fog is beginning to disburse and as always when the Holy Spirit teaches me a lesson I am always grateful but a part of me hopes the next lesson is given to me without the experience of learning it.

One of my favorite clichés is “It’s a great life if you don’t weaken.” I am learning over and over just how wrong that is, in fact the opposite is true “It’s a great life when you weaken.” Because then you depend on someone else – me, I depend God. How about you, who do you depend on?

Anticipate! Experience! Believe! Be transformed!
    Grace and PEACE, Amen!
    Gary

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    “Those who wait for perfect weather will never plant seeds; those who look at every cloud will never harvest crops.” (Ecclesiastes 11:4, NCV)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

"Scriptures quoted from The Holy Bible, New Century Version, copyright © 1987, 1988, 1991 by Word Publishing, Dallas, Texas 75039. Used by permission."

**“Taken from Praying Advent, on Creighton University's Online Ministries web site:
    http://onlineministries.creighton.ed...ry/online.html
    Used with permission.”
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X