Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 12/17/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 12/17/2014

A Glory Seed Devotional for the Greater Glory of God
    Jesus is the SEASON…

“They hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and they saw the baby lying on a bed of hay.” (Luke 2:16, CEV)

“Oh, God of wisdom, I want to praise you and give you my life. Like a loving parent, you bless me. You have watched over me, knowing my history and the path that led me to you. Thank you for the peace you promise peace in my life.
    I ask that I be always aware of the strength of your great power. May it never leave me. So many people before me in so many generations, have served you so humbly, answering your call. Please give me the wisdom and courage to be your humble servant.”**

This will be Christmas number 68 for me and while many of them are locked away in my memory one common thread continues to weave itself out of my memory and onto the tapestry of my life. Jesus is born and like the lowly/exalted shepherds his birth is an invitation compelling me to reach into the manger and take him into my heart.

Last night on social media I again come across the widespread saying “Jesus is the reason for the season” and once again from out of the hidden vaults of my memory came “Jesus IS the SEASON! And we are the reason for the SEASON!” I am not sure the source those 14 words perhaps the Holy Spirit planted them in my memory all I can really say is they have for several years not only been a guiding Light in my life but the source of divine strength and peace through some pretty rough weather.

Whenever we take Jesus in our hearts and he takes us in his heart we undergo a change in seasons entering our Jesus Season a season where storms become peace, weaknesses become strengths, apathy becomes perseverance, hatred becomes love, where selfishness becomes generosity.

This year on Christmas Eve I want to (in my imagination) stand at Jesus’ manger and say just three words, “Thank you Jesus!”

Anticipate! Experience! Believe! Be transformed!
    Grace and PEACE, Amen!
    Gary

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Jesus said, “I am the light for the world! Follow me, and you won’t be walking in the dark. You will have the light that gives life.” (John 8:12, CEV)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scriptures marked CEV, “Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.”

**“Taken from Praying Advent, on Creighton University's Online Ministries web site:
    http://onlineministries.creighton.ed...ry/online.html
    Used with permission.”

Picture painted by kendraburton.com words added.

Amen Gary!
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X