Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 12/10/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 12/10/2014

A Glory Seed Devotional
    Jesus is coming both to a heart near you and in you…

“Almighty God, I hear it over and over: you are coming to me. I feel my heart stir in anticipation, and I sense that you are inviting me to enter more deeply into the mystery of your birth. Help me to feel renewed patience settle in my heart, and to lift my face in joy. I have been like a lost lamb, but I hear your voice calling me and I feel how deeply you want me to return. Somehow I know that you rejoice in my desire to find you. Help me not to be afraid to say out loud, to believe: Here is God, coming into my life.”**

The above prayer talks about the mystery of Jesus’ birth but in reality the mystery surrounding Jesus’ birth isn’t his actual birth the mystery was his conception. “Mary asked the angel, “How can this happen? I am not married!” The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come down to you, and God’s power will come over you. So your child will be called the holy Son of God.” (Luke 1:34–35, CEV) The mystery surrounding Jesus’ birth was the implantation of the Divine Embryo in Jesus’ birth mother.

The mystery of Jesus’ conception does not end with his birth because the Holy Spirit continues to come down on us, and God’s power continues to come over us. However rather than implanting a Divine Embryo in our hearts the Holy Spirit implants not only the birth Jesus but the resurrected Jesus as well. It is then the real mystery begins the mystery of love, the mystery of peace. The mystery of love is illustrated in the fact that while we were yet sinners Jesus made a hushed yet weighty entrance in our lives. The mystery of peace is illustrated in the calmness of Jesus’ life in spite of the tumultuous times of his birth.

And there’s even a deeper mystery, not only is the love and peace of Jesus implanted in us but so is the purity of his birth and the life of his resurrection ours too. I don’t know what road the shepherds walked to get to Jesus’ birth place but I know the road we must walk, it’s the road of repentance. LORD, “Help me to feel renewed patience settle in my heart, and to lift my face in joy. I have been like a lost lamb, but I hear your voice calling me and I feel how deeply you want me to return. Somehow I know that you rejoice in my desire to find you.” Amen!

Anticipate! Experience! Believe! Be transformed!
    Grace and PEACE, Amen!
    Gary

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Jesus said, “I am the light for the world! Follow me, and you won’t be walking in the dark. You will have the light that gives life.” (John 8:12, CEV)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scriptures marked CEV, “Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.”

**“Taken from Praying Advent, on Creighton University's Online Ministries web site:
    http://onlineministries.creighton.ed...ry/online.html
    Used with permission.”
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X