A Glory Seed Devotional
My sheep know my voice…

As you know the bible has multiple purposes and for me one of them that share top billing is to encourage me when the world begins to crowd around me and pull me in to its chaotic persuasion. Today’s reading is one not only of encouragement but also reassures me of my place in eternity. “My sheep know my voice, and I know them. They follow me, and I give them eternal life, so that they will never be lost. No one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father gave them to me, and he is greater than all others. No one can snatch them from his hands, and I am one with the Father.” (John 10:27–30, CEV)

Have you ever wished you could hear Jesus’ voice? I remember listening to my good friend Robert Campbell testify one day while in his car an auditable voice he believed to be Jesus speak to him. As a result Bob followed Jesus the rest of his life and he now listens to Jesus’ voice unabated in eternity. I’ve never had such an experience yet I am learning to listen to Jesus’ voice, not with my physical ears but with the “ears of my heart” and when I turn to my heart and listen to Jesus I can hear his voice speaking to me through nature, through the lives of those who care for me, through the lives of those who love me, through the scriptures such as the one above. Jesus speaks to me in the sunrise, in the sunset, in the light of a full moon, in a moonless night, in a star filled night, in a storm filled night. And his message always starts out, “Listen to my voice put your trust in me and follow me wherever I lead you and no one will snatch you out of my hand.”

Each and every day you and I are surrounded by Godzilla like monsters of Injustice, Greed, Hatred, Prejudice, and Indifference yet among such monsters the Holy Spirit quietly with the voice of Jesus reminds us, “My Father gave them to me, and he is greater than all others.” And at the same time reassures us, “No one can snatch them out of my hand… No one can snatch them from his hands…”

Look for it, listen to it, experience it, believe it, and be transformed!
Grace and PEACE, Amen!
Gary

Jesus said, “I am the light for the world! Follow me, and you won’t be walking in the dark. You will have the light that gives life.” (John 8:12, CEV)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scriptures marked CEV, “Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.”