Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 11/04/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 11/04/2014

A Glory Seed Devotional
    Lifting up Jesus…

“Jesus went on to say, “When you have lifted up the Son of Man, you will know who I am. You will also know that I don’t do anything on my own. I say only what my Father taught me. The one who sent me is with me. I always do what pleases him, and he will never leave me.” After Jesus said this, many of the people put their faith in him.” (John 8:28–30, CEV)

If you read a few verses preceding this morning’s scripture you’ll know Jesus was referring to the day he would be crucified however this morning I’d like to introduce you to another way of understanding lifting up Jesus but not on a cross instead lifting him up in our lives. And I don’t mean just proclaiming (lifting) him up as Savior of our lives. Nor do I just mean exchanging our agenda for his agenda or being a living witness for him. Each of those reasons are the result of what happens when we lift Jesus deep in our hearts where no one can go or see.

Lifting up Jesus in our lives for others to see is the visible result of an invisible blessing in specific events in our lives where the invisible Holy Spirit has lifted us. In 1999 I wrote a fictional story titled Josiah, a Timeless Testimony which was really a story about struggle with a number of hip surgeries and about my struggle to lift up Jesus not only through the surgeries but also in the limp that would never go away. Here’s how the story ends…

“That was 10 years ago yet it is still as fresh in my mind as if it happened yesterday, I guess in a way it happens to me every day. So if you see me limping as I walk as if I am in pain think about Jesus and his walk for you but please don't feel sorry for me, instead pray for those who still walk through life in pain.” (I will be posting the entire story sometime today on my website www.garypiper.net as soon as I can get some reformatting finished.)

As you already know it is easy to lift up Jesus when things are clicking along with no opposition, but who do you know clicking along with no opposition? The real lifting up Jesus comes when the “scars” of what has happened or is happening remain and our “invisible testimony” with the help of the Holy Spirit becomes visible for all to see as we continue on life’s journey.

While the visible and invisible scars we continue to carry with us are reminders of what we’ve experienced they are also constant reminders the ongoing blessings coming out of our continual lifting of Jesus. Because life can be and often is cruel God sent Jesus into the world and upon his return together they sent the Holy Spirit not always to make life un-cruel but always lift you above it.

Open your eyes to it! Experience it! Believe it! Be transformed by it!
    Grace and PEACE, Amen!
    Gary

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Jesus said, “I am the light for the world! Follow me, and you won’t be walking in the dark. You will have the light that gives life.” (John 8:12, CEV)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scriptures marked CEV, “Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.”
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X