Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 10/27/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 10/27/2014

A Glory Seed Devotional
    Jesus’ Steady Hands and Darryl’s trembling hand write…

So when the Samaritans came to him, they asked him to stay with them; and he stayed there two days. And many more believed because of his word. They said to the woman, "It is no longer because of what you said that we believe, for we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this is truly the Savior of the world." (John 4:40-42 NRSV)

There’s no Jesus Story better than your Jesus Story! No one on earth no matter how much education they have, no matter what their social or professional position is your Jesus Story is just as powerful and just as prophetic! Your Jesus Story is as unique as you are! Sure there are stories similar to yours, others have has experiences with life similar to yours but no one has walked in your shoes, no one has experienced your life!

However, as unique as your Jesus Story is it started with someone; someone who’s Jesus Story is just as powerful and just as prophetic as yours is destined to be. As I write these words a good friend and brother in Christ is laying in a Boston Hospital awaiting life changing cancer surgery at the same time with the Steady Hands of Jesus Darryl continues to write his story. But his Jesus Story is not just about his battle with lung cancer, nor is it just about the prayers that have been prayed on his behalf, or the ability of the medical profession Darryl’s Jesus Story like your story and my story is about his relationship with Jesus and trusting Jesus with the outcome.

As a writer there are only a few times when I have a pretty good idea of where I am going when writing a Glory Seed, a Blog Posting, or a story but more often than not whatever I am writing at the moment is developing as I write. Perhaps that method of writing does not go along with a course in creative writing but then there are times in real life when our Jesus Story is being written word by word, sentence by sentence, paragraph by paragraph, here a chapter there a chapter as we live out our lives.

Darryl is not sure where his story is going, because he is uncertain about the outcome, nor are the surgeons certain about what to do until they see what needs to be done. However, since someone told Darryl their Jesus Story he now writes his knowing he does not write his story alone he writes it with Jesus’ hand holding a steady grip on Darryl’s trembling hand.

Jesus with his steady hands is always ready to help write your own Jesus Story and no matter what is happening now God has already prefaced your story with these words. “For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the LORD, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope.” (Jeremiah 29:11 NRSV)

Believe it! Experience it!
    Grace and PEACE,
    Gary

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. (John 14:6 NRSV)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

“The Scripture quotations contained herein are from the New Revised Standard Version Bible, copyright © 1989, by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the U.S.A., and are used by permission. All rights reserved.”
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X