Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 10/14/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 10/14/2014

Jesus is The Light.jpg

A Glory Seed Devotional
    The Rainy Day Light…

“I am the light that has come into the world. No one who has faith in me will stay in the dark.” (John 12:46, CEV)

I am looking out the back door of our cabin and it is still dark out. The rain is hitting hard enough to nearly drown out the sound of the meditation music in my headphones. For many rainy days are a nuisance and days like this can be a source of frustration. However, this morning I find myself enjoying the sound of rain hitting the roof and with it and the inspirational music in my imagination they become prophetic reminding me in spite of the lack of light outside THE LIGHT still shines. Not only does The Light continue to shine but the symphony of the rain and the music together become words of the Father, words each one of us need to hear when life becomes dark and dreary and storm clouds temporarily try to block The Light.

This morning the Holy Spirit, God’s active voice is saying, “Just as the heavens are higher than the earth, my thoughts and my ways are higher than yours. Rain and snow fall from the sky. But they don’t return without watering the earth that produces seeds to plant and grain to eat. That’s how it is with my words. They don’t return to me without doing everything I send them to do.” (Isaiah 55:9–11, CEV)

While God may not be the source of the rain storms that block The Light driving us indoors God always accompanies us through them with a divine purpose in the outcome and while you and I may never know the purpose we will have intimacy with God through The Light.

Into every life rain and darkness will fall yet in the rain and darkness The Light will not only shine but become a great blessing as well. And this morning as I listen to the rain and music I know The Light that shines IN each one of us is brighter, more powerful than the light that is now illumining outside and even at mid-day. “The light keeps shining in the dark, and darkness has never put it out.” (John 1:5, CEV)

Believe it! Experience it!
    Grace and PEACE,
    Gary

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    “Turn to the LORD! He can still be found. Call out to God! He is near.” (Isaiah 55:6, CEV)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scripture marked CEV are taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X