A Glory Seed Devotional
In the beginning with God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit…

Even before the creation story in the book of Genesis there was God the Father later known as Yahweh. There was God the Son later known as Jesus. There was the Creating and Sustaining Power of the Father and the Son later known as the Holy Spirit.

“In the beginning was the one who is called the Word. The Word was with God and was truly God. From the very beginning the Word was with God. And with this Word, God created all things. Nothing was made without the Word. Everything that was created received its life from him, and his life gave light to everyone.” (John 1:1–4, CEV)

The opening verses of John’s gospel are more than just an introduction to what we call the Godhead. It’s more than just a Who’s Who of creation. It’s an account the source and sustainer of your life and mine. It’s a Who’s Who account of Who breathed life into who, but it’s not only about the source and sustainer of our lives it’s also about giving us the light not only to know God the Father, God the Son, God the Spirit but to know them intimately and have a relationship with them.

That can all be reduced to this…

God knows your name! The Creator of ALL galaxies knows your name! You may be insignificant to the billions of people who walk the earth but you ARE NOT insignificant to God! God not only knows your name he also knows your hopes, your dreams, your fears, your burdens.

Because God knows your name, because his love for you is unparalleled, because he has invested the life of His Only Begotten Son in your life, because he is aware of what you will face in the minutes, hours, and days ahead he says to you this morning, “…don’t be afraid. I have rescued you. I have called you by name; now you belong to me. When you cross deep rivers, I will be with you, and you won’t drown. When you walk through fire, you won’t be burned or scorched by the flames. I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, the God who saves you...” (Isaiah 43:1–3, CEV)

Believe it! Experience it!
Grace and PEACE,
Gary

“Turn to the LORD! He can still be found. Call out to God! He is near.” (Isaiah 55:6, CEV)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scripture marked CEV are taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.