Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 09/19/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 09/19/2014

A Glory Seed Devotional
    The Valley of Divine Peace…

“Everyone who trusts the LORD is like Mount Zion that cannot be shaken and will stand forever. Just as Jerusalem is protected by mountains on every side, the LORD protects his people by holding them in his arms now and forever.” (Psalms 125:1-2 CEV)

This morning when I read today’s scripture in my imagination I immediately found myself driving through Cades Cove which is in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. When you drive deep into the cove get out and look around you will find yourself surrounded by mountains on all sides. When Patti and I vacation in Townsend, Tennessee we make a daily drive through the cove and each time we feel protected from the outside world yet at the same time because other people are there we are not isolated from it.

While in Cades Cove all who enter are protected and with the protection of the mountains come peace. While in the Valley of Divine Peace all who enter are protected and with the protection of the mountains come Divine Peace.

Those who put their trust in the LORD will always reside in the Valley of Divine Peace. Because the Valley is surrounded by mountains on all sides there is protection from “killer storms”. Yet at the LORD’s good judgment storms will come and go leaving in their absence the potential for flooding creating havoc in their wake. But in the Valley of Divine Peace is God’s River where waters from the storms are converted into resources for life by the Holy Spirit and excess water flows out of the Valley.

There is Peace in the Valley! Come one come all trust in the LORD come into the Valley of Divine Peace, come be present with the LORD!

Believe it! Experience it!
    Grace and PEACE,
    Gary

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    “Turn to the LORD! He can still be found. Call out to God! He is near.” (Isaiah 55:6, CEV)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scripture marked CEV are taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.

Amen Gary! True words.
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X