Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 09/05/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 09/05/2014

A Planting of Faith Seeds for the Glory of the LORD
    The great outdoors is more than great they’re the Great God…

“But the basic reality of God is plain enough. Open your eyes and there it is! By taking a long and thoughtful look at what God has created, people have always been able to see what their eyes as such can’t see: eternal power, for instance, and the mystery of his divine being…” (Romans 1:19–20, The Message)

There are a number of ways God not only reveals himself but also becomes present with us. We have our personal relationship with Jesus, God’s foremost revelation. We have our bibles and through the Holy Spirit God’s word come alive. And we have a world which is alive illustrating the intricacies of God as Creator, in the world we can experience God at work, we can experience God at play, there are times when we are eyewitnesses to the unmatchable power that created and sustains the universe.

Since the earliest days of my youth my favorite activity has been to be outdoors. I remember many family outings going to Lakeside Beach, church camp, traveling to Davis City, Iowa. I remember going fishing with family and friends. I remember days at sea aboard the USS Newman K. Perry. But it wasn’t until the summer of 1997 when my wife and I first experienced the majesty, mystery, and divinity of Great Smoky Mountains did I realize that when we are outdoors we are in God’s world we are present with God.

We are writing this morning’s devotional while sitting in our living room and I can feel God’s presence. Our living room and every room in our home is our created world where God has an open invitation and is always welcome. Yet when we step outside we leave our home and walk into God’s world we suddenly we find ourselves with God in his home.

“See the trees?” God says, “I made them so you can have shade against the hot sun, protection from the harsh winds, and fresh air to breathe.”

“See the big fluffy clouds in the blue sky?” God whispers, “I put them there to remind you of how soft and inviting I really am.”

“See the mountains, the hills, the valleys?” God says, “They were created to illustrate that even in my world your journey not is without effort. But do not worry we have given you the Holy Spirit as your helper.”

“See the sun?” God asks, “It is there to light your world, to warm you, and to remind you that my Son has made it possible for you to have a relationship with me. It’s also there to remind you through its rising and setting that when there is darkness light is always forthcoming.”

The next time you step outside see yourself leaving your world and joining God in his world.

Believe it! Experience it!
    Grace and PEACE!
    Gary

“Turn to the LORD! He can still be found. Call out to God! He is near.” (Isaiah 55:6, CEV)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scripture quotations marked (LEB) are from the Lexham English Bible. Copyright 2012 Logos Bible Software. Lexham is a registered trademark of Logos Bible Software.

Scripture marked CEV are taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.

Amen Gary! Interesting and thought provoking topic.
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X