Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 08/29/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LostSheep
    replied
    Amen Gary! Timely words again.

Leave a comment:

• Crusty Christian
    started a topic Glory Seed Devotional 08/29/2014

Glory Seed Devotional 08/29/2014

A Planting of Faith Seeds for the Glory of the LORD
    The Kingdom of Heaven is……for you

“From that time on, Jesus began to preach and to say, “Repent, because the kingdom of heaven is near.”” (Matthew 4:17, LEB)

You are in control of your eternal destiny. While in this life you have many destinations available to you when you leave this life your destinations are limited to only two. Jesus died for you so you could become a citizen of the kingdom of heaven. Perhaps the single most important activity you’ll repeatedly engage in over the course of your life is it repenting.

Please consider the following “parable” this morning.

A young man started out on journey to find the richest treasure he could find. Someone told him the way to obtain riches was higher education so he spent many years in institutions of higher learning eventually landing a very high paying career. Yet he discovered deep in his heart something was missing. Someone then told him the way to riches is to give all you have to the poor. So the man gave away his riches keeping only enough for himself. Yet the empty feeling would not go away.

One day while sitting on a park bench in desperation with loud voice he cried out, “On what road must I journey to discover the riches that will fill my empty heart?” Moments later an elderly woman walked up to him and said, “The road of repentance is the road of riches.”

“But in my prayers I have told God I am sorry for my sins yet the emptiness remains. What is this road of repentance of which you speak?” he asked.

“Repentance is a fork in the road of life it is looking back on life and realizing in spite of all the good you’ve done you still have been walking on the wrong road. But it is more than saying you’re sorry for your sins. It is road of transformation not from sinner to saint but to becoming a citizen of the Kingdom of Heaven. It is a road where you are a follower the Holy Spirit your guide and Jesus your leader,” the old woman replied.

“At the end of the road called Repentance will I discover the riches that will fill the emptiness in my heart?” the man asked. The woman looked into the man’s tear filled eyes and replied, “The road of Repentance is the road of riches, riches far more valuable, far more real than anything the world can give.”

Believe it! Experience it!
    Grace and PEACE!
    Gary

“Turn to the LORD! He can still be found. Call out to God! He is near.” (Isaiah 55:6, CEV)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scripture marked CEV are taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X