Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 08/25/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 08/25/2014

A Planting of Faith Seeds for the Glory of the LORD
    Do you want to go to heaven?

I believe the only dumb question is one not asked. I do however believe there are questions for which the answer is so obvious it may sound dumb asking it. Okay, now that I’ve said that I have a dumb question for you, one I know you won’t need to think about at all, one I already know what your answer will be but I am going to put it to you anyway.

When your life’s journey on this earth is finished, after you’ve run your race and crossed the finish line do you want to go to heaven?

I know the question stands right alongside asking you if you want to breathe but I do have a goal in mind for asking it. My goal is for your yes answer to one day (a long way off) to go from an answer to a dumb question to reality. However, as dumb as sounds it actually has some pretty powerful and probing implications, for example how dedicated are you not to just to get to heaven but how dedicated are you to God?

Jesus’ disciple Peter wants to meet you in heaven and so he writes to you, “My friends, you must do all you can to show that God has really chosen and selected you. If you keep on doing this, you won’t stumble and fall. Then our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will give you a glorious welcome into his kingdom that will last forever. You are holding firmly to the truth that you were given. But I am still going to remind you of these things.” (2 Peter 1:10–12, CEV)

Because you’ve a lot of living yet to do the blessings and good news gets even better!

Not only does Peter want to meet you in heaven but God wants you there too and because God’s greatest passion is for you to come and live where he himself lives. “We have everything we need to live a life that pleases God. It was all given to us by God’s own power, when we learned that he had invited us to share in his wonderful goodness. God made great and marvelous promises, so that his nature would become part of us. Then we could escape our evil desires and the corrupt influences of this world. Do your best to improve your faith. You can do this by adding goodness, understanding, self-control, patience, devotion to God, concern for others, and love.” (2 Peter 1:3–7, CEV)

Believe it! Experience it!
    Grace and PEACE!
    Gary

“Turn to the LORD! He can still be found. Call out to God! He is near.” (Isaiah 55:6, CEV)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scripture marked CEV are taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.

Amen Gary! Timely words for me.
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X