Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 08/08/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 08/08/2014

A Planting of Faith Seeds for the Glory of the LORD
    Past reflections pave way for new ones…

This morning I took myself back to days when I worked by getting up driving to my pre-work place at the mouth of the St. Clair River north of the bridge complex. In fact as I write these words the sun is a big red ball and fishermen in their boats dot the river and Lake Huron and I remember. I believe it does us good to step back in time and re-experience significant times in our lives not to relive in the past but so we can not only for a few minutes celebrate where we’ve been and how far we’ve come in our life’s journey but so we can experience God’s presence in our lives.

One of the verses in Isaiah that has become a huge part of my life is: “I am creating something new. There it is! Do you see it? I have put roads in deserts, streams in thirsty lands.” (Isaiah 43:19, CEV)

Oddly enough it is easier to see God blessing us in the present when we take a step back in time and re-experience what he was doing earlier in our life. For me as I sit here I am able to recall the many difficult times God strengthened me to endure until the difficulties passed. And as I look at the sun, now quite high on the horizon I am re-experiencing the rise of Jesus at many different points in my life. God touches us at every point of need and because each day is new that means that God is working anew everyday in our life. For me to know that and to exercise my trust in God comes from the many times when he has proven himself trustworthy.

God has not only been very busy in my life he has also been very busy in yours as well. Why don’t you take a few minutes sometime today set aside a few minutes and step back in your memory and re-experience some of those times? You don’t necessarily revisit a place like I did your imagination and memory will serve just as well but if you are passionate in your intent I guarantee it will surprise you at how powerfully and intense the Holy Spirit will not only bless you but open your eyes and heart as well.

Believe it! Experience it!
    Grace and PEACE!
    Gary

“Turn to the LORD! He can still be found. Call out to God! He is near.” (Isaiah 55:6, CEV)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scripture marked CEV are taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.

Amen Gary! Good words.
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X