Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 08/04/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 08/04/2014

A Planting of Faith Seeds for the Glory of the LORD
    God’s Blessings in the mundane…

God has blessed you at every stage of your life. From the moment of your birth until this very moment your life has been blessed at every “life corner” you’ve ever turned. God has repeatedly reached from beyond time and space with the wings of the Holy Spirit and “…lifted the burden from your shoulder and took the heavy basket from your hands. When you were in trouble, I rescued you, and from the thunderclouds, I answered your prayers…” (Psalm 81:6–7, CEV) God does not bless us out of a sense of duty; God blesses us out of his unconditional love for us. You know that is nothing new to you because you’ve experienced his love on many occasions.

Like yesterday and the day before within today are a few burdens left over, new burdens created by today, and even the introduction of burdens yet to materialize. Time has demonstrated that God has repeatedly changed your burdens into challenges then strengthening and empowering you through the Holy Spirit to face and endure them and at times to even overcome them.

There are times in our lives especially during times of great distress hope doesn’t lie in what we want to happen but what has happened. The building blocks of faith and hope are composed of past experiences where the Holy Spirit has been God’s answer “from the thunderclouds” to your prayer and “rescued you.” From my own experiences as a “Blessed by God person” I’ve concluded that the most important component in God’s blessings is that while they are FOR me they COME FROM God and are designed and given me with God’s expressed desire to mold me into HIS plan for my life not my plan. God does not always bless me with what I desire but he always blesses me what he desires for me!

It is good from time to time to hear stories about God’s trustworthiness from others because they help us connect with our own story. However, you don’t really need anyone to tell you that God is trustworthy because you have your own experiences at life that prove him so. One of the things Ignatius taught his students was at the end of each day to reflect on it and acknowledge the times when they felt God’s presence at work in their day. Speaking from experience sometimes I have to think real hard not because God’s blessings were few and far between but because negativism has a tendency to cloud my vision.

Time and time again God’s greatest blessings will come to you in the mundane circumstances of your todays. But then you know that don’t you?

Believe it! Experience it!
    Grace and PEACE!
    Gary

“Turn to the LORD! He can still be found. Call out to God! He is near.” (Isaiah 55:6, CEV)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scripture marked CEV are taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X