Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 07/31/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 07/31/2014

A Planting of Faith Seeds for the Glory of the LORD
    Peace and Security are Spelled – G-O-D!

There are times when life becomes like an out of control merry-go-round moving faster and faster turning life into a mixture of runaway emotions wrecking havoc on our search for peace and security we so passionately hunger for. Our first inclination might be to reach for the brass ring in hopes of regaining control of our lives but deep inside is a faint voice calling out with unmistakable clarity and authority as we tune out the noisiness of our runaway emotions we hear…

“The Lord says, “If you love me and truly know who I am, I will rescue you and keep you safe. When you are in trouble, call out to me. I will answer and be there to protect and honor you. You will live a long life and see my saving power.”” (Psalm 91:14–16, CEV)

The morning of November, 4, 2013 my wife and her friend best Bonnie left to spend some time personal time shopping together. Shortly after they left I began to experience pain in my chest and shortness of breath. Little did I know I was having a heart attack. I remember thinking at first it wasn’t a heart attack after all I’d just had bypass surgery to prevent a heart attack. Thinking it was just a delayed reaction to the surgery I began taking the medication I was given to ease the pain I also sat down and tried breathing exercises.

Nothing worked!

Several hours later (at least it seemed like it) Patti and Bonnie returned home minutes later I was on my way to the hospital. A short time later the ER doctor told me I was having a heart attack and suddenly life became an out of control merry-go-round. I remember Patti asking me what the doctor told me and with tears welling up in my eyes I simply said, “He said I was having a heart attack.” Minutes later while not really acquainted with the 3 verses above the Holy Spirit brought them alive and I then felt the presence of the Jesus and knew instantly God was looking after me.

There’s a excellent chance your circumstances differ greatly from mine but one thing will never be different and that is the blessings and promises of Psalms 91:14-16! So if you are now where I was last November think long and hard on these words and don’t reach for the brass ring instead reach out for the extended hand of Jesus.

“The Lord says, “If you love me and truly know who I am, I will rescue you and keep you safe. When you are in trouble, call out to me. I will answer and be there to protect and honor you. You will live a long life and see my saving power.”” (Psalm 91:14–16, CEV)

AMEN!
    Believe it! Experience it!
    Grace and PEACE!
    Gary

“Turn to the LORD! He can still be found. Call out to God! He is near.” (Isaiah 55:6, CEV)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scripture marked CEV are taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.

Amen Gary! True words.
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X