Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 07/24/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 07/24/2014

A Planting of Faith Seeds for the Glory of the LORD
    Let the people on Mount Zion rejoice…

“O God, we meditate on your unfailing love as we worship in your Temple. As your name deserves, O God, you will be praised to the ends of the earth. Your strong right hand is filled with victory. Let the people on Mount Zion rejoice. Let all the towns of Judah be glad because of your justice.” (Psalm 48:9–11, NLT)

Minute after minute, hour after hour, day after day, month after month, year after year God continuously pours out his love on each one of us. God’s love for us is so perfectly timed, powerful, and profound there are times when his touch of love is so gentle we aren’t even aware of it. Yet there are other times when the touch of God’s loves drives us to our knees. There are times when God’s loves makes us feel like a kid at Christmas time. Yet there are also times when God’s love makes us feel like we’ve been ignored by the most important person in our life.

In all this, all God wants us to do is to worship him and him alone! God does not want us to worship what he does or doesn’t do for us. God’s greatest desire for us is that we make him NUMBER ONE and SECOND TO NONE in our lives and the only way we can really do that is through acts of worship.

James MacDonald in his book Vertical Church: What Every Heart Longs for, What Every Church Can Be writes, “Worship is the actual act of ascribing worth directly to God. Worshipful actions may do this indirectly, but when the Bible commands and commends worship as our highest expression, it is not talking about anything other than direct, intentional, Vertical outpouring of adoration.” (Pages 168-169, David C. Cook, Kindle Edition)

Come with me and spend a few minutes praising and worshiping God right where you are because, “God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not fear when earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea. Let the oceans roar and foam. Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge!” (Psalm 46:1–3, NLT)

Believe it! Experience it!
    Grace and PEACE!
    Gary

And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from His glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19 NLT
    )

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”

Amen Gary! Curiously I heard a sermon about the necessity of worship on the radio on my way to church this morning. I think God considers this very important.
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

I agree and thank you my friend for all your encouraging words of support!

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X