Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 07/18/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 07/18/2014

A Planting of Faith Seeds for the Glory of the LORD
    Untying the knot and stepping out in faith…

“…listen to the LORD who created you. …the one who formed you says, “Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior…” (Isaiah 43:1–3, NLT)

There are times as a writer when I ask God for inspiration as I sit down to write a Glory Seed or an article for my Website and in response to my asking the Holy Spirit seems to be a million miles away so all I do is stare at a blank computer screen. Today just happens to be one of those days. So please forgive me for stepping out on my own seemingly unaccompanied by the Holy Spirit.

On the Fort Gratiot Green Trail at various points along the trail are inspirational signs one of which says, “When you get to the end of your rope tie a knot and hang on. Franklin D. Roosevelt”. If I were to do that on days like this when I sit down to write I would spend the entire day staring at a blank computer screen getting nowhere. Instead of tying a knot and hanging on there are times when we MUST step out in faith accompanied only by the belief that somewhere in the shadows of aloneness the Holy Spirit isn’t a million miles away but inside us waiting for just the right moment to inspire and assist us in whatever we are trying to accomplish. And usually it isn’t until I look back do I see that the Holy Spirit was with me throughout the entire experience.

Today if there is something you want/need to do yet for some reason you’re unable to get started and you’ve tied a knot and are hanging on for just the right moment to untie the knot and get started. If I just described you then please learn a lesson in stepping out in faith from me untie the knot step out and believe you are never alone.

Coming to the end of your rope and tying a knot and hanging on may be okay for some but not for the Christian.

Believe it! Experience it!
    Grace and PEACE!
    Gary

And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from His glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19 NLT)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”

Amen Gary! This is my experience too.
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X