A Planting of Faith Seeds for the Glory of the LORD
Vertical Peace – Horizontal Living…

One of the greatest discoveries of all times was the existence of electricity which in turn lead to the discovery of how to put electricity to work and that in turn lead to the creation of things that harnessed the power of electricity. Electricity is not a new thing it has existed since the dawn of creation. Yet until it was discovered and harnessed it was powerless even now as useful as electricity is unless it is connected to an electrical device it is powerless.

What electricity is to our physical existence peace is to our spiritual existence. And like electricity peace isn’t something we create is it something we discover and harness. The apostle Paul writes, “For God in all his fullness was pleased to live in Christ, and through him God reconciled everything to himself. He made peace with everything in heaven and on earth by means of Christ’s blood on the cross.” (Colossians 1:19–20, NLT)

Another way of looking at what Paul was trying to say is, “If God isn’t at peace than no one is at peace!” Yet because of the sacrifices Jesus made for God and for each of us God reconciled himself to us thereby opening the doorway of peace which then waits being discovered. With God living inside him Jesus found himself at peace even during his darkest hours when everyone turned against him he was able to say, “Not my will but your will.”

At some point in his conversion experience Paul discovered peace in its purest form and went on to write of his discovery so each of us can make our own discovery. “My old self (Paul wrote) has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” (Galatians 2:20, NLT)

If you are familiar at all with the Book of Acts than you know that by worldly standards Paul did not live a peaceful life. He was beaten, shipwrecked, jailed, thrown out of towns, betrayed yet described his life of peace this way. “Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ and become one with him. I no longer count on my own righteousness through obeying the law; rather, I become righteous through faith in Christ. For God’s way of making us right with himself depends on faith.” (Philippians 3:8–9, NLT)

Peace existing on a vertical plane comes down to us from the Father of Peace via a genuine relationship with Jesus!

Believe it! Experience it!
Grace and PEACE!
Gary

And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from His glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19 NLT)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”