Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 06/25/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 06/25/2014

A Planting of Faith Seeds for the Glory of the LORD
    Running into God…

“You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!” (Isaiah 26:3, NLT)

A number of years ago I found myself at a crossroads and wondered what direction my life was taking me so I emailed my good friend Adam Quigley, "I feel as if I am at a crossroads and don't know which way to go."

Here are the timeless words he wrote back, “Well I'll tell you one thing I have come to know very well about this. Go forward and run into God. Go sideways and the Holy Spirit bumps ya back into place and if you fall backwards Jesus catches ya before you hit the ground. Sometimes they are a little rough but it’s better than landing in the grime.”

“Go forward and run into God.” I really like that because sometimes what we need to do is forge a head rather than turning in one direction or another even if it means blazing a new path because as Isaiah says, “But for those who are righteous, the way is not steep and rough. You are a God who does what is right, and you smooth out the path ahead of them.” (Isaiah 26:7, NLT)

“Go sideways and the Holy Spirit bumps ya back into place…” Just before his death Jesus told his disciples that the Holy Spirit would bring ministry to them when they needed it the most. He went on to say, “When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own but will tell you what he has heard. He will tell you about the future.” (John 16:13, NLT) God, he plans for everything doesn’t he?

“…if you fall backwards Jesus catches ya before you hit the ground.” This reminds me of Peter’s experience of walking on water. “Then Peter called to him, “Lord, if it’s really you, tell me to come to you, walking on the water.” “Yes, come,” Jesus said. So Peter went over the side of the boat and walked on the water toward Jesus. But when he saw the strong wind and the waves, he was terrified and began to sink. “Save me, Lord!” he shouted. Jesus immediately reached out and grabbed him. “You have so little faith,” Jesus said. “Why did you doubt me?”” (Matthew 14:28–31, NLT)

Are you standing at a crossroad this morning? The first question you must ask yourself is this, “Do I really need to change directions?” Sometimes we think we need to change directions when all we really need is to pause while we are re-strengthened then go forward and run into God.

Believe it! Experience it!
    Grace and PEACE!
    Gary

And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from His glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19 NLT)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X