Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 06/16/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 06/16/2014

A Planting of Faith Seeds for the Glory of the LORD
    The Gift of Faith…

“Abram believed the LORD. And the LORD accepted Abram’s faith, and that faith made him right with God.” (Genesis 15:6, NCV)

As difficult as faith is to understand the only thing harder to understand is how important faith really is in our lives. This morning I am writing this sitting on our patio in front of me is a huge tree, I do not need faith to know it is a tree and as I look at the tree and the white clouds moving against the blue sky my belief in God ignites my faith in God’s presence. I cannot see God like I can see the tree, the clouds, and the sky yet because God accepts my belief in his reality in response he gives me through the Holy Spirit the gift of faith and as I exercise the gift of faith my belief in God gives way to experiencing his presence.

Often we speak of faith as if it is “authored” by us yet R.C. Sproul suggests that faith originates with God not us. “Faith is not seen as an accomplishment of the human spirit. In fact, faith is not something that is naturally exercised by a fallen human being.” (Chapter 3: A Gift from God, “What Is Faith?” page 47, Reformation Trust Publishing) Once God gives us the gift of faith he does not retain its ownership therefore faith becomes ours and with ownership comes the responsibility of its stewardship, its use, and further development.

Not only does God give us the gift of faith and transfer its ownership to us he also leads us in experiences whereby we can and do develop and deepen our faith not in the gifts of God but in God himself. Author Mike Erre writes: “God leads us to places where we don’t know how He’ll work or we can’t see what He’s up to. It is not God’s way to give us formulas or blueprints. His will often makes sense only through the rearview mirror. God delights in calling us into places where faith grows more readily—where we are in over our heads or at the end of our ropes. He does this so we’ll learn to trust Him, though we usually resist going where He takes us.” (Mike Erre, “Astonished: Recapturing the Wonder, Awe, and Mystery of Life with God” page 99), David C. Cook. Kindle Edition)

“God, so often I take faith for granted. There are times when I reduce it to just believing in something I need or want to happen. Yet in reality faith begins in you and becomes mine to have and to develop into a living relationship with you when I plant my seed of belief into the world around me. So many times I think of my life as being fragile but under the tutelage of the Holy Spirit my fragility gives way not to superhuman strength but divine strength. Lord, forgive my shortsightedness. Amen!”

Believe it! Experience it!
    Grace and PEACE!
    Gary

“Keep your roots deep in him and have your lives built on him. Be strong in the faith, just as you were taught, and always be thankful.” (Colossians 2:7, NCV)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

"Scriptures marked NCV are quoted from The Holy Bible, New Century Version, copyright © 1987, 1988, 1991 by Word Publishing, Dallas, Texas 75039. Used by permission."
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X