A Planting of Faith Seeds for the Glory of the LORD
The Lord is not slow…

“But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: To the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years is as one day. The Lord is not slow in doing what he promised—the way some people understand slowness. But God is being patient with you. He does not want anyone to be lost, but he wants all people to change their hearts and lives.” (2 Peter 3:8–9, NCV)

Some mornings when I wake up and begin writing the days Glory Seed I am so conscious of the time my mind gets bogged down and comes to a screeching halt. And there I sit not at a loss of words but a loss of time. I have discovered “over time” that time is not about seconds and minutes neither is it friend or foe time is how we measure the events and stages of life. For example while I was recuperating from my heart attack last November one of the things I struggled with was how much time I had before the killer attack. Then slowly the Holy Spirit began reminding me (not audibly) that time is a just as dangerous a killer as a heart attack can be.

Once upon a time I was rushing through life living out my own agenda an agenda that included an occasional Jesus. I was the master and time was my slave, or at least that is what I thought. But time is sneaky and it wasn’t until a series of hip replacement surgeries that slowed my pace down considerably that I realized that time was my master and I was the slave. Now in retrospect it was all those surgeries that slowed my life enough for me to see my relationship with Jesus far exceeded my relationship with myself and my relationship with time.

Because we live in such a fast paced world I used to think the one thing I lacked was patience after all Peter wrote, “The Lord is not slow in doing what he promised—the way some people understand slowness,” wasn’t Peter telling me to have patience. So it only made sense that I needed to have patience in God. That might have been true had Peter not followed with, “But God is being patient with you.” And suddenly the Holy Spirit was telling me God has all the patience you need what you need to do is to TRUST Jesus and lean on his patience.

When you think about your life – are you the master – is time your master – or is God your Master? The answer is more important than you think it is!

Believe it! Experience it!
Grace and PEACE!
Gary

“The LORD is my strength and shield. I trust him, and he helps me. I am very happy, and I praise him with my song.” (Psalm 28:7, NCV)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

"Scriptures marked NCV are quoted from The Holy Bible, New Century Version, copyright © 1987, 1988, 1991 by Word Publishing, Dallas, Texas 75039. Used by permission."