Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 05/04/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 05/04/2014

A Planting of Faith Seeds for the Glory of the LORD
    Reaching forward to God’s Goal…

“My goal is to know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, assuming that I will somehow reach the resurrection from among the dead. Not that I have already reached the goal or am already fully mature, but I make every effort to take hold of it because I also have been taken hold of by Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 3:10–12, HCSB)

When I read those words this morning it was almost as if I’d wrote them myself. Of course I didn’t write them the Apostle Paul did but as I read them the Holy Spirit shared ownership of them with me, has that ever happened to you? This morning it was the goal of the Holy Spirit to remind me of the importance of pursuing not necessarily my goal but the right goal established through my relationship with Jesus. As we all know in today’s fragmented world each of us face multiple goals provide for our families, pay our bills, keep ourselves healthy, pursuit our careers, are just a few of them.

And because of the dynamics’ of our changing lives it is difficult to prioritize them. As Christians however in setting, maintaining, and prioritizing our goals we are blessed with the Holy Spirit who goes to great lengths to keep our need to know Jesus not just more fully but FULLY which is an ongoing non-stop journey.

The personal goal I have set for myself is not just to know of Jesus but to KNOW Jesus. Do you know it is impossible for us to know of Jesus? The Apostle John writes, “And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which, if they were written one by one, I suppose not even the world itself could contain the books that would be written.” (John 21:25, HCSB)

That my friend in a lot of knowledge for anyone to digest making it impossible to FULLY know of Jesus. So if your goal is to know of Jesus you never will. HOWEVER, if your goal is KNOW Jesus then you are in luck because the only one who knows Jesus FULLY is the Holy Spirit and here in Jesus’ own words is the good news. “When the Spirit of truth comes, He will guide you into all the truth. For He will not speak on His own, but He will speak whatever He hears. He will also declare to you what is to come.” (John 16:13, HCSB)

And to make matters even better, “Now we have not received the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who comes from God, so that we may understand what has been freely given to us by God.” (1 Corinthians 2:12, HCSB)

Believe it! Experience it!
    Grace and PEACE!
    Gary

Suddenly, Jesus was standing there among them! “Peace be with you,” he said.”
    (John 20:19, NLT)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scripture quotations marked HCSB are taken from the Holman Christian Standard Bible®, Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers. Used by permission. Holman Christian Standard Bible®, Holman CSB®, and HCSB® are federally registered trademarks of Holman Bible Publishers.
    Attached Files
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X