Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 04/11/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 04/11/2014

A Planting of Faith Seeds for the Glory of the LORD
    Part One: A Journey inside the Crucifixion Jesus…

“Then Pilate ordered that Jesus be taken away and whipped. The soldiers made a crown from some thorny branches and put it on Jesus’ head and put a purple robe around him. Then they came to him many times and said, “Hail, King of the Jews!” and hit him in the face.” (John 19:1–3, NCV)

I’ve never put a hand on Jesus but each time I exercise my will over his a whip cracks and digs into his spirit proving to be far more painful than the flogging he received prior to his death. And not to let the soldiers get the upper hand I too, have mocked Jesus and in so doing, painfully crowning and arraying him a defeated and dead king.

Over the years Jesus’ words, “I forgive them Father they know not what they do!” have come to mean more than any words I could ever speak or write.

“Again Pilate came out and said to them, “Look, I am bringing Jesus out to you. I want you to know that I find nothing against him.” So Jesus came out, wearing the crown of thorns and the purple robe. Pilate said to them, “Here is the man!”” (John 19:4–5, NCV)

Voices from history proclaim, “Here is the man!”

History records Jesus as a man who, over 2000 years ago stood tall against the establishment as the Prince of Peace, as the one and only Savior of the world, who was one day was executed.

They killed Jesus the son of man!

But God would see that Jesus did not stay dead!

Here is Jesus the Son of God!

“When the leading priests and the guards saw Jesus, they shouted, “Crucify him! Crucify him!” But Pilate answered, “Crucify him yourselves, because I find nothing against him.” The leaders answered, “We have a law that says he should die, because he said he is the Son of God.”” (John 19:6–7, NCV)

As a Servant of the Most High God I am haunted by one question if I were to stand in an angry mob who were in a frenzy shouting, “Crucify him! Crucify him! Crucify him!”

Would I stand in opposition to them and shout, “Free him! Free him! Free him!”

However, I was not there – I will never be there – but I do stand in opposition to those crucify Jesus not physically but through their denial of the power of his Spirit that seeks to love them and make them part of his kingdom.

We are people of the Resurrection called to be Living Witnesses of a Living Savior not a dead Jesus!

Believe it! Experience it!
    Grace and PEACE!
    Gary

Suddenly, Jesus was standing there among them! “Peace be with you,” he said.”
    (John 20:19, NLT)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

“Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”

Amen Gary!
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X