Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2018.02.12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2018.02.12

Glory Seed Devotional’s 2018 Experiencing Jesus, the Prelude to Life
    Experiencing God…
    Shalom!

Yesterday while surfing on Pureflix I happened on a documentary on the book Experiencing God by Henry and Richard Blackaby, it was the second time I watched the video and again it inspired me to pick the book up again. It is a great book and I recommend it to everyone you can get the Kindle version for $2.99 on Amazon. The first time I went through the book I come away with a new and deeper relationship with God and I also discovered the most important relationship we can experience in life is our experiences with God (our ongoing experiences).

In introduction the book talks about a man who had an experience in one of their conferences who had unknowingly lost touch with God Blackaby wrote, “But during that conference, the Spirit of God had spoken clearly to the man and reminded him that Christianity is fundamentally an interactive relationship between God and people.” (Richard Blackaby. Experiencing God. B&H Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.)

“…an interactive relationship between God and people.” Each day I write a letter to God it’s my way of experiencing His daily presence, even though He has yet to write back He does have a unique way of getting through to me. The letters I write to God are much like a letter written to a friend or a loved one. A lot great deal of the time I write about the mundane things that goes on in my life. For example yesterday morning I wrote, “Good morning LORD! Put in a rough night, I can’t help but wonder where You are during those times when we’re not doing well and need Your help? Surely helping Patti or I get a good night sleep doesn’t go against Your Ultimate Plan for us.” Do you know how hard it is to write to someone who already knows what you’re going to write about?

A couple of days ago I started wondering if God really cared about the mundane things I write about, so I asked Him, “There are times LORD when I wonder if all this small talk is okay with You. It is okay with me because I get the sense that You’re an everyday-come-as-you-are-lets-talk-God. Or at least I think You are that kind of a God, to be honest that is the kind of God I need. That does not take away from the Ultimate God You really are.”

That was on the 8th and I am still waiting for an answer, but I did find this however, “Consider the birds of the sky: They don’t sow or reap or gather into barns, yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Aren’t you worth more than they?” (Matthew 6:26) I know that is kind of a flimsy answer but at least it points out how important I am to God. However, this is a little more solid, “Before a word is on my tongue, you know all about it, LORD.” (Psalm 139:4)

A couple of days ago while making our bed I looked up in the corner of the room and experienced God. The graphic included (you can tell I am not a graphic designer so please excuse its crudeness) is a visual depiction of how I experienced the Divine at work in our lives. God at the top, Jesus to the right, the Holy Spirit to the left, and the three of them coming together in your life in mine.

“Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life…” (John 14:6)

Grace and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: Glory Seed Devotional Blog.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

Unless otherwise stated all scripture quotations marked CSB have been taken from Christian Standard Bible, Copyright 2017 by Holman Bible Publishers. Used by permission. Christian Standard Bible and CSB are federally registered trademarks of Holman Bible Publishers.
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X