Glory Seed Devotional 04/02/2014
A Planting of Faith Seeds for the Glory of the LORD

“We have met the enemy and the enemy is us,” I am not sure who first said those famous words but I believe in them. I remember many years ago sitting in a Sunday school class discussing the Kingdom of God and as I was sitting there I suddenly realized there is only one person on the face of the earth who can keep me from becoming a citizen of God’s Kingdom and that person was me. In my imagination, I saw others taking me to gates of the kingdom and telling me, “This is as far as we can take you, now you must walk into the kingdom accompanied only by Jesus.”

Today as I reflect back on my life, I can see the many times I’ve walked as far away from the kingdom as I could get. And now all these years later when I look at the man in the mirror I no longer see myself as a multiplicity of enemies seeking self destruction I see myself as a man hungering and thirsting for the paths of the righteousness of Jesus.

“He reached down from heaven and rescued me; he drew me out of deep waters. He rescued me from my powerful enemies, from those who hated me and were too strong for me. They attacked me at a moment when I was in distress, but the LORD supported me. He led me to a place of safety; he rescued me because he delights in me.” (Psalm 18:16–19, NLT)

As Easter Sunday approaches throughout the Lenten Season, I have thought long and hard about Jesus standing outside his tomb then reaching back in and pulling us out one at a time. God’s love for us has been tried and proven to be ultimate and far more powerful and penetrating than any power on earth or hell! We are more than just citizen’s of God’s Kingdom on Earth we are Children of the Resurrection, we are God’s greatest miracles!

16 days from today we will commemorate the day Jesus’ earthly life ended if he could say anything to us I wonder what he would say. I wonder what scriptures he’d like us to think about. I wonder what he’d want us to do as we prepare ourselves for the ultimate blessing of the Father.

Believe it! Experience it!
Grace and PEACE!
Gary

Suddenly, Jesus was standing there among them! “Peace be with you,” he said.”
(John 20:19, NLT)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

“Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”