Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.09.22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.09.22

Glory Seed Devotional’s, 2017: Anticipating and Experiencing God...
    Is it Rust or Trust…
    Shalom!

“What sorrow awaits those who look to Egypt for help, trusting their horses, chariots, and charioteers and depending on the strength of human armies instead of looking to the LORD, the Holy One of Israel.” (Isaiah 31:1 NLT)

The words of Isaiah echoes across the eons of time and have significance for each of us today. I know there’s a 99.9999% chance none of us look to Egypt to help but we may at times turn and trust in our careers, our bank accounts, our cars, our possessions, but Isaiah is telling us no, no, no trust in God.

I completely understand how hard it is to place our trust in God, who we cannot see when there are so many things we can see that offer us peace and prosperity. Yet as history testifies everything the world offers us is temporary at best. I remember my dad telling me. “In life you need to start at the bottom and work your way up.” While that must be true to a certain extent this carries more truth, “In all circumstances in life it is better to start at the top with God then at the bottom.”

As hard as it is to believe in trusting an invisible God the Psalmist offers us this ray of hope not as a probability or a possibility but as a sure thing. “I look up to the mountains— does my help come from there? My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth! He will not let you stumble; the one who watches over you will not slumber. Indeed, he who watches over Israel never slumbers or sleeps. The LORD himself watches over you! The LORD stands beside you as your protective shade. The sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon at night. The LORD keeps you from all harm and watches over your life. The LORD keeps watch over you as you come and go, both now and forever.” (Psalm 121:1–8, NLT)

Crustyism 1:3: The world spells trust “R-U-S-T”, the Holy Spirit spells trust T-R-U-S-T. Do you want to RUST or TRUST?

“May God be merciful and bless us. May his face smile with favor on us.” **
    Grace and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://www.gloryseeddevotionals.org.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”

**Psalm 67:1, New Living Translation
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X