Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.09.20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.09.20

Glory Seed Devotional’s, 2017: Anticipating and Experiencing God...
    Staying surrendered, part two…
    Shalom!

“Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.” (Matthew 11:28, NLT)

I remember many years ago when the Holy Spirit re-ignited the seed of faith implanted in me because of my godly parents reading, “Christians don’t have problems, they pray them away.” Wow! That’s for me I heard myself saying, but it didn’t take long for me to experience the fallacy of those words. And as a result, I suppressed the Holy Spirit’s attempts to get me to drop to my knees and surrender to God. Yet the more problems that cropped up the more persistent the Holy Spirit became. But slowly over the years the Holy Spirit began making headway.

I was sure I’d surrendered completely until late June and Early July when pulmonary fibrosis took a turn in the wrong direction. “We’ve done all we can, there’s nothing else can be done,” the doctor told Patti and me. It was then I realized I was still holding out and found myself praying, “LORD God, take me, take all of me,” And then in spite of the conflict that continues to rage in my “outside life” my “inner life” rests in the Peaceful Wings of the Holy Spirit.

Andrew Murray in his book Absolute Surrender provides us with the encouragement we need to stay surrendered no matter what life throws in our pathway. “A life of absolute surrender has its difficulties. I do not deny that. Yes, it has something far more than difficulties: it is a life that with men is absolutely impossible. But by the grace of God, by the power of God, by the power of the Holy Spirit dwelling in us, it is a life to which we are destined, and a life that is possible for us, praise God! Let us believe that God will maintain it.”

“May God be merciful and bless us. May his face smile with favor on us.” **
    Grace and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://www.gloryseeddevotionals.org.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”

**Psalm 67:1, New Living Translation

Amen Gary!!!! And this experience of total surrender (or in my case at least *more* surrender ) just this evening has made me an overcomer of a major stumbling block in my life. I even feel (frightenedly) that if I don't continue this surrender this stumbling block will come back and enslave me again. But one of the gifts Christ gives is a freedom from the enslavement to (besetting!) sins.
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Thank You my friend! I will be praying or the keep on keeping on spirit for you!

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X