Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 2017.09.19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 2017.09.19

Glory Seed Devotional’s, 2017: Anticipating and Experiencing God...
    Staying surrendered…
    Shalom!

All to Jesus I surrender
    All to Him I freely give
    I will ever love and trust Him
    In His presence daily live.
    (All to Jesus I surrender verse 1)

God has Set his sights on YOU and He will not quit until He has YOU not just a part of YOU but all of YOU! And He started even before YOU were born. He started in a cow barn with the birth of Jesus, And the day YOU were born He intensified His passion for 100% YOU! A.W. Tozer in his book Knowledge of the Holy offers this hint at only a part of lies ahead for YOU when YOU wave the white flag and surrender all to Him.

“How completely satisfying to turn from our limitations to a God who has none. Eternal years lie in His heart. For Him time does not pass, it remains; and those who are in Christ share with Him all the riches of limitless time and endless years. God never hurries. There are no deadlines against which He must work. Only to know this is to quiet our spirits and relax our nerves. For those out of Christ, time is a devouring beast…”

The easy part of surrendering our lives to the Divine is surrendering. But once the surrendering part is over next comes the hard part, staying surrendered! But when it comes to the point when we want to take our white flag back the words of Peter urge us to stay surrendered. “So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you must endure many trials for a little while. These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.” (1 Peter 1:6–7, NLT)

All to Jesus I surrender
    Make me Saviour wholly Thine
    Let me feel the Holy Spirit
    Truly know that Thou art mine.
    (All to Jesus I Surrender verse 3)

“May God be merciful and bless us. May his face smile with favor on us.” **
    Grace and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://www.gloryseeddevotionals.org.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”

**Psalm 67:1, New Living Translation

Amen Gary!!!
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Yep. After I became a Christian, I looked back and could see God pursuing me my whole life. And he is still keeping me moving forward.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X