Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.09.13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.09.13

Glory Seed Devotional’s, 2017: Anticipating and Experiencing God...
    Shadows and nomads…
    Shalom!

Chapter 11 of Hebrews is noted for its powerful insight on people who displayed verse 13 a little sampling of the inner power faith accomplished in their lives. “All these people died still believing what God had promised them. They did not receive what was promised, but they saw it all from a distance and welcomed it. They agreed that they were foreigners and nomads here on earth.” (Hebrews 11:13, NLT)

Yesterday we discovered that we are merely moving shadows, Hebrews 11:13 strongly hints that we are “foreigners and nomads here on earth” just passing through headed for the Promised Land better known as heaven. When we think of Psalm 39:4-7 and Hebrews 11:13 together we can begin to see they offer us insight into Hope (Psalm 39) and Faith (Hebrews 11).

There are two things that with the help of the Holy Spirit become apparent when we “read between the lines.” First wherever there is a shadow there is a light creating it. When the Light of Jesus shines on us it not only illuminates the path in front of us but creates out of our lives a moving shadow. The second thing that becomes apparent deals with a promise not received. There are three major promises given us by God one promise tells us God loves us unconditionally, we are promised God will never leave us alone, we are also promised we will inherit eternal life if we truly believe and accept Jesus as our Savior. I am sure we can add to the list for now those three will suffice.

On the other side of the promises made to me are the things God has NOT promised me. And at the top of that list is God never promised me a trouble/storm free life. It has been a while since I’ve heard the song “I never promised you a rose garden” sung my Lynn Anderson but when I do I always think maybe God is the writer of that song.

Yet just when I think about all the troubles/storms has not prevented the Holy Spirit also reminds me God loves me unconditionally, I am promised God will never leave me alone, and I am also promised because I have truly accepted and believe in Jesus I am destined for the Promised Land after this life. One of my favorite songs “The Road to Zion” contains some words I cling to like a shipwrecked survivor clings to a piece of floating debris. “Sometimes it’s good to look back down, we’ve come so far, we’ve gained such ground, but joy in not in where we’ve been joy is who’s waiting at the end.”

“May God be merciful and bless us. May his face smile with favor on us.” **
    Grace and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://www.gloryseeddevotionals.org.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”

**Psalm 67:1, New Living Translation

A resounding Amen!!!!!! Gary!!!
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X