Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 03/26/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 03/26/2014

A Planting of Faith Seeds for the Glory of the LORD
    God sees what you can’t…

“When they arrived, Samuel took one look at Eliab and thought, “Surely this is the LORD’s anointed!” But the LORD said to Samuel, “Don’t judge by his appearance or height, for I have rejected him. The LORD doesn’t see things the way you see them. People judge by outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”” (1 Samuel 16:6–7, NLT) This morning when you looked at yourself in the mirror the person looking back at you was not the same person that God was looking at. As you go about being the person you are, experiencing the up and down journey life will “force” you to travel God through the Holy Spirit will spare nothing to mold you in the footsteps and image of Jesus.

For me one of the most powerful and sought after characteristics of Jesus’ life was his total dependency on God. “So Jesus explained, “I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself. He does only what he sees the Father doing. Whatever the Father does, the Son also does.” (John 5:19, NLT) However, it doesn’t stop there what “the Father” is doing is trying to help you and I to “whatever the Son does, you and I do also.” Jesus put it this way. “Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.” (John 15:5, NLT)

For some “apart from me you can do nothing,” is a great stumbling block because many of us have accomplished a great deal but there is a truth that as hard as one can try to deny it cannot be denied – when it comes our time to face and embrace our “cross” (death) the accomplishments we’ve achieved will like us not survive.

The second greatest gift (Jesus being the first) from God to me (and you) is the will to live not just in this life but the next life as well. This became apparent to me in the days leading up to September 17, 2013 when I underwent Heart Bypass Surgery. There had been times before that when things went awry in my life I wondered if I was in a life and death battle if I’d really fight to live. That evening when I awoke in ICU attached to more machines than I ever imagined I felt and experienced a will and desire to live more powerful than I had in my life up to that point. While I don’t completely understand the entirety of what God was doing deep inside me (who can understand God completely) I knew God was seeing my life’s journey as unfulfilled at that point. And because I experienced God hard at work in my life at the weakest point in my life my desire to live provided the catalyst I needed to fight to live.

God is hard at work in YOUR life as well! Today’s scripture reading not only reassures you that even though you may not completely see and understand what is going on inside you or where you are going God has your life in his hands. And when you are at you weakest moment close your eyes put your hand in the hand of Jesus and walk in the strength and power of the Holy Spirit!

Put your trust in God because he sees things you can’s see in you, about, and around you!

Believe it! Experience it!
    Grace and PEACE!
    Gary

“Then the disciple who had reached the tomb first also went in, and he saw and believed—for until then they still hadn’t understood the Scriptures that said Jesus must rise from the dead. Then they went home.” (John 20:8–10, NLT)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

“Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X