Announcement

Collapse

Deeper Waters Forum Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

Deeper Waters is founded on the belief that the Christian community has long been in the shallow end of Christianity while there are treasures of the deep waiting to be discovered. Too many in the shallow end are not prepared when they go out beyond those waters and are quickly devoured by sharks. We wish to aid Christians to equip them to navigate the deeper waters of the ocean of truth and come up with treasure in the end.

We also wish to give special aid to those often neglected, that is, the disabled community. This is especially so since our founders are both on the autism spectrum and have a special desire to reach those on that spectrum. While they are a special emphasis, we seek to help others with any disability realize that God can use them and that they are as the Psalmist says, fearfully and wonderfully made.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Five Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    So bitter!
    He's the bitter one in this thread?
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
      And Nick was talking about putting your life down in order for your faith and family. It's not a demand for violence.
      Actually I was quite unaware of what Nick had written, I was purely responding to Truthseeker's comment. I now realise that I made an inappropriate comment given that the context was of Nick talking sincerely about his marriage. Apologies Nick.

And thanks to Sea of Red for pointing this out via PM. BTW James, you've exceeded your stored private messages quota. You need to clear some space. Jamie.
      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
        Of course you could be happy being single or married. Either choice you make though; why berate others for what they have?
        What's that sin called again? Oh yes, envy. Now I remember. The culture seems to be full of it.
        "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

So bitter!
          projection.jpg
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
            What's that sin called again? Oh yes, envy. Now I remember. The culture seems to be full of it.
            That it is. Why somebody feels the need to berate somebody for being married and being happy about it is beyond me.
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Actually I was quite unaware of what Nick had written, I was purely responding to Truthseeker's comment. I now realise that I made an inappropriate comment given that the context was of Nick talking sincerely about his marriage. Apologies Nick.

And thanks to Sea of Red for pointing this out via PM. BTW James, you've exceeded your stored private messages quota. You need to clear some space. Jamie.
              Then read the post before making comments. I know you can actually make substantive posts at times, rather then reactive posts.
              "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
              -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              I support the :
              sigpic

Comment

Apology from Tassman accepted and thanks to SoR for pointing it out.

Comment