Announcement

Collapse

Deeper Waters Forum Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

Deeper Waters is founded on the belief that the Christian community has long been in the shallow end of Christianity while there are treasures of the deep waiting to be discovered. Too many in the shallow end are not prepared when they go out beyond those waters and are quickly devoured by sharks. We wish to aid Christians to equip them to navigate the deeper waters of the ocean of truth and come up with treasure in the end.

We also wish to give special aid to those often neglected, that is, the disabled community. This is especially so since our founders are both on the autism spectrum and have a special desire to reach those on that spectrum. While they are a special emphasis, we seek to help others with any disability realize that God can use them and that they are as the Psalmist says, fearfully and wonderfully made.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Five Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heroic sacrifice =/= suicide bombing!!!! On another note, why would one use Superman theme music in a wedding? Sounds cheesy.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
      Heroic sacrifice =/= suicide bombing!!!! On another note, why would one use Superman theme music in a wedding? Sounds cheesy.
      Allie could tell this well, but everyone knew that Smallville was a major obsession of mine then. It was well noted on the old TWeb.

Allie did that knowing I would love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post
        In fact, I'm currently working at this moment on a theology of sex for Christians and I'm considering having my Master's research program be on the resurrection and sexual ethics.

Do you plan on putting this into book form?
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          Do you plan on putting this into book form?
          Do you remember me in the debate commentary thread mentioning an Ebook?

Comment

So, why is a certain someone comparing any heroic sacrifice to suicide bombing???

Comment

So, why is a certain someone comparing any heroic sacrifice to suicide bombing???
              Because he has an emotional grudge against Christianity and any form of theism and can't be rational around any of it.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
                It's like you're flaunting the fact that you have a spouse with these threads. Some people don't and never will.
                Jealous?
                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                  Jealous?
                  IIRC whag does have a wife.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                    IIRC whag does have a wife.
                    And yet, he wants to give Nick a hard time for writing post about his. Why is that? Besides, if I see somebody that has something I don't have, the reaction I get is good for them. I don't try to berate them for it or make them feel bad for having it. That is the classic definition of human jealously. Why try to make somebody feel bad for something they have and you don't?
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

And yet, he wants to give Nick a hard time for writing post about his. Why is that? Besides, if I see somebody that has something I don't have, the reaction I get is good for them. I don't try to berate them for it or make them feel bad for having it. That is the classic definition of human jealously. Why try to make somebody feel bad for something they have and you don't?
                      If someone has a spouse and they want one, then go out and do what you can to get one. Going after me won't change the fact and feeling sorry for yourself won't either. (Spent enough years doing that.)

If you don't want one, then that's fine too. Many people are quite happy being single.

Comment

If someone has a spouse and they want one, then go out and do what you can to get one. Going after me won't change the fact and feeling sorry for yourself won't either. (Spent enough years doing that.)

If you don't want one, then that's fine too. Many people are quite happy being single.
                        Of course you could be happy being single or married. Either choice you make though; why berate others for what they have?
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Of course you could be happy being single or married. Either choice you make though; why berate others for what they have?

Comment

You can not expect rational thinking from someone like Tassman.
                            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Whag seems to be trying to give Tass a run for his money.
                              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Because he has an emotional grudge against Christianity and any form of theism and can't be rational around any of it.
                                So bitter!
                                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment