Announcement

Collapse

Deeper Waters Forum Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

Deeper Waters is founded on the belief that the Christian community has long been in the shallow end of Christianity while there are treasures of the deep waiting to be discovered. Too many in the shallow end are not prepared when they go out beyond those waters and are quickly devoured by sharks. We wish to aid Christians to equip them to navigate the deeper waters of the ocean of truth and come up with treasure in the end.

We also wish to give special aid to those often neglected, that is, the disabled community. This is especially so since our founders are both on the autism spectrum and have a special desire to reach those on that spectrum. While they are a special emphasis, we seek to help others with any disability realize that God can use them and that they are as the Psalmist says, fearfully and wonderfully made.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

It is time to purge the Church of its heretics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rabbis were divided on such issues. The best rule is not to misuse the body in ways for which it was not designed.
    Read my other blog posts at http://reasonablefaithknoxville.org

Comment

Originally posted by djbrock View Post
      Rabbis were divided on such issues. The best rule is not to misuse the body in ways for which it was not designed.
      I'd add in one thing.

If either the husband or wife does not want to do it, don't do it.

Sexual relations between husband and wife should never involve forcing one person to do what they don't want to do.

Comment

That's astoundingly vague.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
          If you choose to see it that way.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

What are reproductive organs for again? I keep forgetting.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              Such deep and profound questions. :-) I'll ponder it while I take a bath with my electric blow dryer. It occurred to me that a butter knife is a butter knife even if I use it to tighten the screw in my kitchen scissors or stick it in the door jamb at night like a deadbolt. In the end I still have a butter knife, only with a bent tip.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                Well think about that for a second. Is everything that Solomon is described as doing to one of his wives particularly "reproductive"?

Comment

Well think about that for a second. Is everything that Solomon is described as doing to one of his wives particularly "reproductive"?
                  Solomon fell heavily into sin, so he is a POOR example.
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                    If you choose to see it that way.
                    Nope. If your wife hasn't used her breasts for anything other than feeding her children, you'll know what I'm getting at.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                      I believe he's referring to Song of Solomon.
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                        Could you please get to the point? Are you saying that any married sexual interaction other than traditional coitus is forbidden?

Comment

There are no specific instructions given in Scripture as to HOW married people are to use their bodies. But common sense rule #1 would be that you should use them in ways for which they were designed to function. I once read a profound statement "What are reproductive organs for? I keep forgetting."

Comment

I would like to quote from Sheet Music, as I alluded to it in the previous thread that was deleted, but I am not sure the quotation would be appropriate for a family site. However, his basic takeaway is that Song of Solomon seems to allude to oral sex, not in a negative manner, and that most biblical scholars believe that this plus an absence of a direct prohibition leave Christians who feel comfortable with it within marriage in a "safe" position religious wise. Obviously if somebody is not comfortable doing it they should not.
                            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

There are no specific instructions given in Scripture as to HOW married people are to use their bodies. But common sense rule #1 would be that you should use them in ways for which they were designed to function. I once read a profound statement "What are reproductive organs for? I keep forgetting."
                              Teleology actually has nothing to do with permitted sexual activity within marriage. If I perform oral sex on my wife, or she performs it on me, we're not procreating.

Comment

Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post
                                I'd add in one thing.

If either the husband or wife does not want to do it, don't do it.

Sexual relations between husband and wife should never involve forcing one person to do what they don't want to do.
                                This is a much more biblical view in my opinion than one since-banned poster who implied based on 1 Corinthians 7 that a Christian could force intercourse with an unwilling spouse. The question isn't what you can do, it's what you and your spouse both want to do and marital love precludes trying to hurt the other.

Comment