Announcement

Collapse

Deeper Waters Forum Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

Deeper Waters is founded on the belief that the Christian community has long been in the shallow end of Christianity while there are treasures of the deep waiting to be discovered. Too many in the shallow end are not prepared when they go out beyond those waters and are quickly devoured by sharks. We wish to aid Christians to equip them to navigate the deeper waters of the ocean of truth and come up with treasure in the end.

We also wish to give special aid to those often neglected, that is, the disabled community. This is especially so since our founders are both on the autism spectrum and have a special desire to reach those on that spectrum. While they are a special emphasis, we seek to help others with any disability realize that God can use them and that they are as the Psalmist says, fearfully and wonderfully made.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

The Supreme Court And Redefining Marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whag View Post
    I must have misunderstood how your presence causes God's favor to rain down on me.
    That's not unexpected.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
      That's not unexpected.
      Did you want anyone besides me to understand?

Comment

Did you want anyone besides me to understand?
        You're still alive, right?
        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
          You're still alive, right?
          What kind of a question is that? =P

Comment

What kind of a question is that? =P
            Nothing.
            If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Here's the difficultly there, fm..... Christians (at least many of us) believe homosexuality is a sin. A "gay couple" has made the choice to perpetuate sin. It's more akin to anybody else who came to us and said, "I want you to accept me, but I want to continue sinning".

Even with the woman caught in adultery, Jesus didn't say, "OK, cool - continue as you were". He told her "go and sin no more".
              Why focus on homosexuality so much? Why not all the violence, murder, and suffering on the Earth? There's not much advocacy by Christians on that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                You're absolutely right that Christians should be known by their love (the Bible says this almost exactly), and that we often aren't. That's bad. However, this particular situation is difficult because it seems as though any opposition to SSM or homosexuality at all is defined as hateful, so that Christians literally can't say, "I disagree with your lifestyle but still love you." At least, not without being dismissed as hateful and bigoted simply by definition.
                If I said that I believe Christianity should be against he law and that Christians are mentally-ill, would you take that as acceptance?

Doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
                  Why focus on homosexuality so much?
                  Ummmm... you can't open a newspaper without being hit in the face with it. Are you on another planet this week?

Why not all the violence, murder, and suffering on the Earth? There's not much advocacy by Christians on that stuff.
                  There's NOT!?!?! When we preach on loving our neighbor, we obviously don't want them to murder or be murdered, or be in suffering. And, perhaps you're not aware of all the "relief" organizations run by Churches and Denominations? Our Southern Baptist organization has a whole Disaster Relief section, and we're often in disaster areas before the Red Cross.

You really have no clue what you're talking about here.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

If I said that I believe Christianity should be against he law and that Christians are mentally-ill, would you take that as acceptance?

Doubt it.
                    So you agree that Christians can't act lovingly toward homosexuals while maintaining traditional Christian beliefs? That renders most of fm93's point, as I understand it, basically inapplicable.
                    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Why focus on homosexuality so much?
                      Just out of curiosity, what other sin is there that declares "I want to REMAIN in sin, but I want to be accepted as normal"?
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Ummmm... you can't open a newspaper without being hit in the face with it. Are you on another planet this week?
                        Try this again.

Why do Christians always focus on sexuality? WAY before we ever the gay-marriage debate we had Christians groups going around talking about homosexuality and how wrong it is -- before the gays ever got organized.

There's NOT!?!?! When we preach on loving our neighbor, we obviously don't want them to murder or be murdered, or be in suffering. And, perhaps you're not aware of all the "relief" organizations run by Churches and Denominations? Our Southern Baptist organization has a whole Disaster Relief section, and we're often in disaster areas before the Red Cross.
                        That's great. But where are the protests? Why is it that here in America where we have so much violence we don't see Christians mass marching in the streets?

Comment

Doubt it.
                          Jesus never taught us to accept sin.

Again, even as He forgave the woman caught in adultery, His parting words were "go and sin no more".

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                            So you agree that Christians can't act lovingly toward homosexuals while maintaining traditional Christian beliefs? That renders most of fm93's point, as I understand it, basically inapplicable.
                            You might believe you're acting lovingly but that's not what it actually is. You've been told that what you're doing is productive and loving, that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                              Nothing.
                              Very slick, CBW. You must be very effectual with that approach.

Comment

You might believe you're acting lovingly but that's not what it actually is. You've been told that what you're doing is productive and loving, that's all.
                                Then you confirmed my suspicion. Traditional Christian beliefs on this subject have been defined as unloving and hateful, so Christians can't actually be loving without compromising what they believe.
                                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment