Announcement

Collapse

Deeper Waters Forum Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

Deeper Waters is founded on the belief that the Christian community has long been in the shallow end of Christianity while there are treasures of the deep waiting to be discovered. Too many in the shallow end are not prepared when they go out beyond those waters and are quickly devoured by sharks. We wish to aid Christians to equip them to navigate the deeper waters of the ocean of truth and come up with treasure in the end.

We also wish to give special aid to those often neglected, that is, the disabled community. This is especially so since our founders are both on the autism spectrum and have a special desire to reach those on that spectrum. While they are a special emphasis, we seek to help others with any disability realize that God can use them and that they are as the Psalmist says, fearfully and wonderfully made.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Why is Bruce an Exception?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hamster View Post
    They are...

I feel like I have to put this disclaimer in every post, but I deeply sympathize with people with gender dysphoria. It just seems like it would be more fruitful to find out the neurological/psychological source of the problem and fix that rather than perform Frankenstein-esque medical procedures that apparently don't resolve the issue, for whatever reason.
    Exactly. Better to treat the condition that enable it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Exactly. Better to treat the condition that enable it.
      "than" enable it

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Brave Bruce is Bombing....

Source: NYPost

Barely two weeks since its debut, E!’s “I Am Cait” is already in serious trouble.

While tabloid interest in and social media chatter about Caitlyn Jenner may remain strong, actual viewer numbers are down — way down! — suggesting that TV’s great transgender hope might actually be a dud on arrival.

The problem with “I Am Cait” isn’t its lack of ambition. If anything, the show suffers from an overdose of the stuff. In less than 60 minutes of screen time, “Cait” shifts from “Real Housewives”-type fluff to Lifetime-like melodrama to “60 Minutes”-style seriousness. There are makeup shots and bikini drama and seemingly endless glasses of Champagne — along with occasional Kardashian, Kanye and junior Jenner cameos thrown in. But mostly, it’s all Cait all the time — awkwardly (and, yes, bravely) negotiating her late-in-life rebirth for all of America to see.

© Copyright Original Source

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• I didn't watch any episodes, but for what it's worth, Jenner supposedly confessed to having had suicidal thoughts.

"I have been in my house, with a gun and said, ‘Let's just end it right here. No more pain. No more suffering."
          Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

• I was once a man stuck inside a woman's body............

But then my mother gave birth.

I'll get my coat.
            “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post
              I was once a man stuck inside a woman's body............

But then my mother gave birth.
              That's bad. Really REALLY bad.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by fm93 View Post
                I didn't watch any episodes, but for what it's worth, Jenner supposedly confessed to having had suicidal thoughts.

"I have been in my house, with a gun and said, ‘Let's just end it right here. No more pain. No more suffering."
                What's the deal with hyperlinking this non-link?

Comment

• Oops.

http://www.eonline.com/shows/i_am_ca...y-dark-moments
                  Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

• Watching that video of a man pretending to be a woman speaking in a very obvious man's voice...... It's just WEIRD! I mean.... It's like "circus freak" stuff.... Bruce has turned himself into a public spectacle.

Honestly, you think this is a GOOD thing?

Comment