Announcement

Collapse

Deeper Waters Forum Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

Deeper Waters is founded on the belief that the Christian community has long been in the shallow end of Christianity while there are treasures of the deep waiting to be discovered. Too many in the shallow end are not prepared when they go out beyond those waters and are quickly devoured by sharks. We wish to aid Christians to equip them to navigate the deeper waters of the ocean of truth and come up with treasure in the end.

We also wish to give special aid to those often neglected, that is, the disabled community. This is especially so since our founders are both on the autism spectrum and have a special desire to reach those on that spectrum. While they are a special emphasis, we seek to help others with any disability realize that God can use them and that they are as the Psalmist says, fearfully and wonderfully made.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Why is Bruce an Exception?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whag View Post
    I've seen a picture of you. That's simply not true.
    I never thought I'd say this, but this is one time I want to give Whag a thousand amens.

Comment

And here are some pics of my Princess.

For those who don't know, my wife has won a beauty pageant before. That's right. I'm married to a beauty queen. How many guys can say that? It was the Miss Shining Star pageant put on for women with disabilities so they can get a chance to shine. At the first one ever, Allie took home the grand prize of being crowned Miss Shining Star. (Believe it or not, I was more teary-eyed that night than she was and I still get choked up writing about it.) When the next year came, I think she did the right thing by sitting it out so another lady could get that honor, but here are some pics.

Here's one of her in the dress she wore posing with her tiara on.

BeautyqueenAllie.jpg

Here's one of her just after the announcement wearing her crown and holding the trophy and the flowers.

MissShiningStar.jpg

Here's a picture of the two of us from our wedding day. Yes. She's the much better looking one.

marriagephoto.jpg

And here are just some more pictures I have of her.

Aliesmiling.jpg

Allie.jpg

MyPrincess.jpg

Comment

This is another time when I have to agree with whag. Allie is GORGEOUS!!!!
        A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
          Why?
          Because it's impolite, if not immoral, to attack a transgender person for acknowledging that he/she is transgender, and because you're probably underestimating courage far more than the audience is overestimating it.
          Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post
            Here's a picture of the two of us from our wedding day. Yes. She's the much better looking one.
            Captain obvious alert!!!
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
              This is another time when I have to agree with whag. Allie is GORGEOUS!!!!
              As rare as it happens, I think we've found something TWebbers can agree on.

Allie is gorgeous.

Well. Nearly all. We really need Allie to agree to it as well.

Comment

Yall are funny:)

Comment

Sorry babe, but no one is making a joke here, save what Bill said.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
                    Nice try. No, you don't think the audience was weirder than a man who decided he wanted breasts. At worse, they simply overestimate the bravery it takes to change one's identity so drastically (which is understandable). At worse they're overly supportive and gushing, but few of them if any would go to the extremes of surgically impersonating the opposite gender.
                    There was no bravery at all.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by fm93 View Post
                      Because it's impolite, if not immoral, to attack a transgender person for acknowledging that he/she is transgender, and because you're probably underestimating courage far more than the audience is overestimating it.
                      We were not the ones who made the choice to make a show of the whole thing, he was. http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post219506
                      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post

Well. Nearly all. We really need Allie to agree to it as well.
                        Girls never seem to be able to see themselves as others see them.

Comment

Girls never seem to be able to see themselves as others see them.
                          And they REALLY need to see themselves as God sees them.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

We were not the ones who made the choice to make a show of the whole thing, he was. http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post219506
                            Well, actually, this thread itself seems to be making a show of the whole thing. And I don't believe a claim as bold as "There was NO bravery involved" is at all tenable. Unless you think things like finding the energy to carry on day after day in the face of crippling distress, and undergoing an extensive operation that changes almost everything physical about you is done on a casual whim.
                            Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

. . snip . . . And I don't believe a claim as bold as "There was NO bravery involved" is at all tenable. . . . snip . . .
                              You are allowed to have your own opinion. The one I gave is mine.

Comment

Well, actually, this thread itself seems to be making a show of the whole thing.
                                Meh. Nick is trying to be topical by posting about what people are talking about... and this is what people are talking about (were?). It was in the news, in my break room, etc.
                                I understand there was something with the ESPYs too that brought it back up, but I don't have cable so
                                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment