Announcement

Collapse

Deeper Waters Forum Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

Deeper Waters is founded on the belief that the Christian community has long been in the shallow end of Christianity while there are treasures of the deep waiting to be discovered. Too many in the shallow end are not prepared when they go out beyond those waters and are quickly devoured by sharks. We wish to aid Christians to equip them to navigate the deeper waters of the ocean of truth and come up with treasure in the end.

We also wish to give special aid to those often neglected, that is, the disabled community. This is especially so since our founders are both on the autism spectrum and have a special desire to reach those on that spectrum. While they are a special emphasis, we seek to help others with any disability realize that God can use them and that they are as the Psalmist says, fearfully and wonderfully made.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

The Embarrassment of Christian Media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Y'hoshua View Post
    I was aware of the stupidity of the banana argument, but I didn't know about this crocoduck thing... care to explain?
    In brief, back in 2007 Cameron claimed during a televised debate over the existence of God and covered by ABC’s Nightline that since there is no half-crocodile, half-duck creature evolution therefore must be false. This, um, "argument" quickly became a symbol of how those who deny evolutionary theory misrepresent and misunderstand it and has been the subject of much ridicule.

While the Theory of Evolution states that modern species share a common ancestor it does not say, as Cameron presents, that there are or should be intermediates between two currently living species. To be clear ducks are not decended from crocodiles (or vice versa) and the last common ancestor for crocodiles and ducks likely lived at the end of the Permian Period just before the start of the Triassic some 245 mya

Actually if such chimeras as the crocoduck were ever discovered, it would not serve as evidence in support of evolution but would be a strong blow against it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yeah sure crocoducks are baloney, but what about Jackalopes? I seen those!!! 111!!!

Here is cow poke riding the range on his Jackalope:

(now you know why he is poking a cow with an antler in his smiley. )

Comment

Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post
        Yes. They're actually making a movie about this.... http://deeperwaters.ddns.net/?p=8487
        Nick, could please, please not descend to the level of click-bait, and at least put the title/subject of the offending movie in your post?
        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          Nick, could please, please not descend to the level of click-bait, and at least put the title/subject of the offending movie in your post?
          Well, if you haven't already clicked on it, it's called Four Blood Moons.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            I agree. Go ahead and post at least a summary of your blog post in here so we know what it's about instead of just a headline and a link. You may also repost your entire blog entry here too if you wish.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              I agree. Go ahead and post at least a summary of your blog post in here so we know what it's about instead of just a headline and a link. You may also repost your entire blog entry here too if you wish.
              Okay. I can start doing that again. I might just stick to a headline sometimes if I have a lot of links.

Comment