Announcement

Collapse

Deeper Waters Forum Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

Deeper Waters is founded on the belief that the Christian community has long been in the shallow end of Christianity while there are treasures of the deep waiting to be discovered. Too many in the shallow end are not prepared when they go out beyond those waters and are quickly devoured by sharks. We wish to aid Christians to equip them to navigate the deeper waters of the ocean of truth and come up with treasure in the end.

We also wish to give special aid to those often neglected, that is, the disabled community. This is especially so since our founders are both on the autism spectrum and have a special desire to reach those on that spectrum. While they are a special emphasis, we seek to help others with any disability realize that God can use them and that they are as the Psalmist says, fearfully and wonderfully made.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Pastor. I Don't Want Your Job.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pastor. I Don't Want Your Job.

This is a follow-up to being a lonely apologist. https://deeperwaters.wordpress.com/2...want-your-job/

Pastors can be just like other leaders in one respect. Type A people believe that 'iron sharpens iron' and surround themselves with other Type A people. Type B people believe that competition might show them up as inferior and surround themselves with Type C people.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I enjoy "multiplying" my Ministry by involving people who are gifted in areas I'm not.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        Pastors can be just like other leaders in one respect. Type A people believe that 'iron sharpens iron' and surround themselves with other Type A people. Type B people believe that competition might show them up as inferior and surround themselves with Type C people.
        I know Pastors who are reluctant to have somebody "really good" take their place when they are on vacation - to me, that shows a real insecurity. I always try to make sure to have the best person I can get to take my place when I'm away.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm puzzled by this sentence:
          It can often be because many of us can be Seminary trained and know that we’re talking about and sadly, some pastors probably fear that their jobs could be in danger.
          I suspect you meant to write "what," not "that."

Another problem:
          but I am till just as you are, a servant.
          Perhaps you meant "still," not "till." Let's not give Farrell Till too much publicity, shall we?

Good article, anyway!
          Last edited by Truthseeker; 02-06-2015, 04:10 PM.
          The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
            It can often be because many of us can be Seminary trained and know that we’re talking about and sadly, some pastors probably fear that their jobs could be in danger.
            I suspect you meant to write "what," not "that."
            What's to be puzzled about? It's an obvious typo. It's clear what he meant to type. Every small typo doesn't justify its own post.
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
              What's to be puzzled about? It's an obvious typo. It's clear what he meant to type. Every small typo doesn't justify its own post.
              Things like this are often a problem for people who don't grasp the concept of "context".

Comment

Some people tend to be turned off by obvious errors. That's a reason why I'm being so hard on Nick. Besides, why not point them out for correction?
                The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Things like this are often a problem for people who don't grasp the concept of "context".
                  It doesn't seem to me that Truthseeker is being malicious in his correction, or that he's not grasping the context. I constantly recheck my own posts for grammar errors (which are numerous). I think definitely on a blog ministry type post a certain degree of spell-check editing goes a long way in conveying professionalism to anonymous readers, and that does have some effect on the impact of one's meaning (or so it seems to me).

Comment

Some people tend to be turned off by obvious errors. That's a reason why I'm being so hard on Nick. Besides, why not point them out for correction?
                    Fair enough.

Comment

Would a PM not be more appropriate?
                      My Blog: http://oncreationism.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by The Pixie View Post
                        I actually had that as part of my response, then deleted that part.

Comment

Originally posted by The Pixie View Post
                          My guess is it's a convenience factor. It's easier to note the error while this page is still up, and the error is still fresh in your mind. A PM takes a bit longer to do that.

I've pointed out some wording/spelling errors in previous threads/blog posts. I didn't personally think it was a big deal.

Comment

One problem with PMs is that nobody but the receiver and sender know about the error in question, that a correction is already suggested.

Comment

One problem with PMs is that nobody but the receiver and sender knows about the error in question.
                              Corrections 2:15 “If your brother or sister goofs up a post, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you - PM is best."

Comment