Announcement

Collapse

Deeper Waters Forum Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

Deeper Waters is founded on the belief that the Christian community has long been in the shallow end of Christianity while there are treasures of the deep waiting to be discovered. Too many in the shallow end are not prepared when they go out beyond those waters and are quickly devoured by sharks. We wish to aid Christians to equip them to navigate the deeper waters of the ocean of truth and come up with treasure in the end.

We also wish to give special aid to those often neglected, that is, the disabled community. This is especially so since our founders are both on the autism spectrum and have a special desire to reach those on that spectrum. While they are a special emphasis, we seek to help others with any disability realize that God can use them and that they are as the Psalmist says, fearfully and wonderfully made.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

A Serrated Edge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
    A link to leave here before someone comes in with the obligatory demand for evidence. Ironically he treats all women with sarcasm and mockery (let's call it riposte), like what this book is about, any woman who criticises him he immediately labels a feminist and mocks.

https://adaughterofthereformation.wo...r-wilson-fans/
    I don't have a problem with your comments on Wilson (not familiar, so maybe he's a total jerk), but you seem to be tarring evangelicals in general with it.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

The only time I've ever heard slavery cast in a positive light is when someone observed that the descendants of slaves in the U.S. benefited from it since they live in a country where they are almost always better off than the people who live in the countries that their ancestors were taken from. I've never heard anyone claim that slavery itself was good or a positive thing.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        The only time I've ever heard slavery cast in a positive light is when someone observed that the descendants of slaves in the U.S. benefited from it since they live in a country where they are almost always better off than the people who live in the countries that their ancestors were taken from. I've never heard anyone claim that slavery itself was good or a positive thing.
        Cassius Clay comes to mind with that.
        Frederick Douglass said it was ignorance that kept him a slave. He taught himself to read and write started two newspapers and became a leading abolitionist.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
          I don't have a problem with your comments on Wilson (not familiar, so maybe he's a total jerk), but you seem to be tarring evangelicals in general with it.
          Then stop giving him pride of place.

Comment

Then stop giving him pride of place.
            ? What does that mean?
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
              ? What does that mean?
              Stop calling him in to podcasts, having interviews with him, stop selling his books actively on apologetics websites. Stop passing out donation links. If you do a review of him, at least give a note saying you're aware of the things he's said. Or just leave him to that weird little cult he's gathered around himself. Start criticising him, stop criticising those who do when they're being fair.

We Christians need to stop assuming that just because someone writes positively about the Bible, or Christ, are against abortion and is against modernity, that therefore everything checks out and they're something to emulate.

As it is, it stands as incredible ironic that Nick is praising a book by him on riposte given how he himself uses those techniques to mock and ridicule his female critics.

Comment

We Christians need to stop assuming that just because someone writes positively about the Bible, or Christ, are against abortion and is against modernity, that therefore everything checks out and they're something to emulate.
                Bill O'Reilly and Glenn Beck come to mind.
                When I Survey....

Comment

Stop calling him in to podcasts, having interviews with him, stop selling his books actively on apologetics websites. Stop passing out donation links. If you do a review of him, at least give a note saying you're aware of the things he's said. Or just leave him to that weird little cult he's gathered around himself. Start criticising him, stop criticising those who do when they're being fair.
                  When did Zym do this? How many Christians, especially here on TWeb, have been guilty of this sort of thing?

As it is, it stands as incredible ironic that Nick is praising a book by him on riposte given how he himself uses those techniques to mock and ridicule his female critics.
                  I agree that we need consistency in our dealing with others. You are quite right on this, but . . . how does looking at a man's view of riposte give any credence to his errors in other areas?
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
                    Bill O'Reilly and Glenn Beck come to mind.
                    Are O'Reilly and Beck considered to be Christian authorities? Does agreeing in one area mean agreeing with everything someone says?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                      Are O'Reilly and Beck considered to be Christian authorities?
                      Not in my opinion. Beck is a Mormon, which is a cult. But if you ask them, they would probably both claim to Be Christian. I know Beck does.

I haven't read O'Reilly's Killing Jesus, but from what I heard, he doesn't have much respect for the reliability of Scripture. Apparently Rev. Robert Jeffress of First Baptist Church in Dallas liked the book.
                      When I Survey....

Comment